After update NC28 dead: Class OCA GroupFolders LazyFolder contains 2 abstract

|Nextcloud version 28.0
|Update von 27.1.5.1
|Operating system and version (Debian 5.10.197-1 (2023-09-29)
|Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): unknown
|PHP version (eg, 8.1): 8.1.26
|Database (sqlite or MariaDB or Postgres) |MariaDB -1:10.11.4
|Docker (compose) |I don’t know what it is.
|Snap |wno snap
|Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? |yes

The output of your Nextcloud log in Admin > Logging:

{"reqId":".................................","level":3,"time":"2024-01-18T21:25:25+00:00","remoteAddr":"xxx.yyy.zzz.bbb","user":"--","app":"PHP","method":"GET","url":"/index.php/204","message":"Class OCA\\GroupFolders\\Helper\\LazyFolder contains 2 abstract methods and must therefore be declared abstract or implement the remaining methods (OCP\\Files\\Folder::searchBySystemTag, OCP\\Files\\FileInfo::getMetadata) at /home/www/webseiten/nextcloud/apps/groupfolders/lib/Helper/LazyFolder.php#32","userAgent":"Mozilla/5.0 (Linux) mirall/3.11.0git (Nextcloud, manjaro-6.6.10-1-MANJARO ClientArchitecture: x86_64 OsArchitecture: x86_64)","version":"27.1.5.1","data":{"app":"PHP"}}

I am hosting my NC on a regular webspace at an ISP and did an Update from NC 271.5.1 to 28.0 via webupdater. The checks were all OK. After confirming to do the update, the NC website became empty / white and even after long time waiting, NC didn’t come back. It is dead.

In the config.php the maintenance is set “false”. No errors in the updater.log
Then I have checked nextcloud.log. All requests of the clients were answered without error until the time of the update. Immediately after the update each request of the clients is answered by an error message like this:

{“reqId”:“…”,“level”:3,“time”:“2024-01-18T15:22:25+00:00”,“remoteAddr”:“222.435.62.789”,“user”:“–”,“app”:“PHP”,“method”:“GET”,“url”:“/index.php/204”,“message”:“Class OCA\GroupFolders\Helper\LazyFolder contains 2 abstract methods and must therefore be declared abstract or implement the remaining methods (OCP\Files\Folder::searchBySystemTag, OCP\Files\FileInfo::getMetadata) at /home/www/nextcloud/apps/groupfolders/lib/Helper/LazyFolder.php#32”,“userAgent”:“Mozilla/5.0 (Linux) mirall/3.11.0git (Nextcloud, manjaro-6.6.8-1-MANJARO ClientArchitecture: x86_64 OsArchitecture: x86_64)”,“version”:“27.1.5.0”,“data”:{“app”:“PHP”}}

How can I get rid of this error?

Sorry about my crossposting for this thread in the German group.

After following the advice of bb77 I could not do the deactivation of groupfolders, because either I don’t know how to do it in ssh or because my webhoster doesn’t allow to use su-

Then I have simply started the NC upgrade by php occ upgrade. In the Putty screen, there was no remark, that the “groupfolders” would be upgraded. But all other things were upgraded.
Finally the upgrade was successfull and my Nextcloud is running again.

Thank you for your help!
Clemens

Well, actually you did disable it. Look again at your pasted output in the German forum…

This topic was automatically closed 8 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.