18.0.4, 17.0.6 and 16.0.10 are here! Plus Beta 5 for Nextcloud 19!

Hi @simonspa

Thanks for pointing that out. It happens every now and then that some markdown control characters get lost when the blog is transferred over here to the forum. So maybe that was it again.
I changed the text according to your findings.

Thanks a lot.

Nevermind, after fully reinstalling and importing all of my contacts etc the issue came right on back. Sticking with 18.0.3 for now.

Thank you for the help though!

Hi @Schmu

thanks for fixing it here - but the issue is also present in the actual blog post on the NC website, which is why I addressed @marinela - at least sheā€™s listed as the authorā€¦

Cheers

1 Like

Here is a statement from the twitter Account:

sadly github is having issues so we didnā€™t manage to grab the changelog yetā€¦ probably at some point today.

https://twitter.com/Nextclouders/status/1253607643576446976

1 Like

Sorry for the very newbie question, in version 18.0.3, this is normal?

occ upgrade
Nextcloud is already latest version

Thanks

Try switching to unstable and then again to stable branch.

Doesnā€™t work, both on Docker (crazymax image), and plain ubuntu 18.04.
Anyway, in your opinion is better to stick on 18.0.3 ?

Usually iā€™d say ā€œapply a bugfix release asapā€, but as long as no changelog is published one can only guess if itā€™s really desired to updateā€¦

After trying to upgrade from 18.0.3 to 18.0.4 my instance continues to fail when ā€œChecking for update of app ā€œaccessibilityā€ in appstoreā€

Replacing the accessibility app with the version from Github does not solve it, neither does the version from 18.0.3 that I found on nextcloud.com.

Update went well on my side.
Generally you can have a look at github to see what changed:
For an overview: https://github.com/nextcloud/server/milestones
Especially for 18.0.3 to 18.0.4: https://github.com/nextcloud/server/issues?q=is%3Aclosed+milestone%3A"Nextcloud+18.0.4"

1 Like

Yesterday I upgraded from version 17.0.5 to 18.0.4.
I got an error related to the Talk App.

2020-04-23T20:41:43+02:00 Repair error: Repair step ā€˜OCA\Talk\Migration\FixNamespaceInDatabaseTablesā€™ is unknown
2020-04-23T20:41:43+02:00 Repair info: No repair steps available
PHP Fatal error: Cannot declare class OCA\Talk\Migration\Version8000Date20200331144101, because the name is already in use in /var/www/nextcloud/apps/spreed/lib/Migration/Version8000Date20200331144101.php on line 54

i had to do an occ upgrade again and enable Talk App after that.
Today I realized that my shared files and folders from a read only external storages does not work. It is configured in Settings ā†’ Administration ā†’ External storages as local and read only. It does not work with version 18.0.4. I have a test installation with 18.0.4 and it does not work either.

I guess this is the problem

I lot of errors in the log because of that. I decided to go back to version 17.0.5.

The changelog page is now updatet.

1 Like

Cannot recomment this right now. Switching to beta would bring the 19.0.0 beta 5, which is really beta.

This is not what I meant, sorry if I was unclear.

My suggestion was to switch the channel to unstable and then back to stable again without performing any upgrade. I used this several times when updates didnā€™t show up.

2 Likes

Thanks for the clarification, this I did not know. I did the update sometimes after switching to beta. After the update I switched back to stable. So you are suggesting the other sequence of actions.

1 Like

Hi @simonspa

Thanks a lot for pointing this out!

For some reason the underscores were missing form the blog. Now it is fixed :slight_smile: