Your web server is not yet properly set up to allow file synchronization, because the WebDAV interface seems to be broken

i install nextcloud on cpanel. now i can’t upload anything. it showing “This operation is forbidden”
and set up warnings shows red font “Your web server is not yet properly set up to allow file synchronization, because the WebDAV interface seems to be broken.” please help me to fix this . using whm [v96.0.9]

Support intro

Sorry to hear you’re facing problems :slightly_frowning_face:

help.nextcloud.com is for home/non-enterprise users. If you’re running a business, paid support can be accessed via portal.nextcloud.com where we can ensure your business keeps running smoothly.

In order to help you as quickly as possible, before clicking Create Topic please provide as much of the below as you can. Feel free to use a pastebin service for logs, otherwise either indent short log examples with four spaces:

example

Or for longer, use three backticks above and below the code snippet:

longer
example
here

Some or all of the below information will be requested if it isn’t supplied; for fastest response please provide as much as you can :heart:

Nextcloud version (eg, 20.0.5): 21.0.2
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 20.04): CENTOS 7.9 kvm
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): 2.4.48
PHP version (eg, 7.4): 7.4

The issue you are facing:

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? (Y/N): Y

Steps to replicate it:

1. Security & setup warnings

The output of your Nextcloud log in Admin > Logging:

PASTE HERE

The output of your config.php file in /path/to/nextcloud (make sure you remove any identifiable information!):

<?php
$CONFIG = array (
  'instanceid' => 'octorhjofmih',
  'passwordsalt' => '3dpqwvyurvah4erecvob5m95zlefa1',
  'secret' => '54jteg6jmmbomvcgyimytogxvjahnnozaakfy4idaspsepcu',
  'trusted_domains' => 
  array (
    0 => 'cloud.paisape.cloud',
  ),
  'datadirectory' => '/home/paisapeb/nextclouddata',
  'dbtype' => 'mysql',
  'version' => '21.0.2.1',
  'overwrite.cli.url' => 'https://cloud.paisape.cloud',
  'dbname' => 'paisapeb_next550',
  'dbhost' => 'localhost',
  'dbport' => '',
  'dbtableprefix' => 'oc_',
  'mysql.utf8mb4' => true,
  'dbuser' => 'paisapeb_next550',
  'dbpassword' => '38]GS!Jv4p',
  'installed' => true,
  'trusted_proxies' => 'localhost',
  'default_phone_region' => 'IN',
  'maintenance' => false,
  'updater.release.channel' => 'stable',
  'theme' => '',
  'loglevel' => 2,
);

The output of your Apache/nginx/system log in /var/log/____:

PASTE HERE

Hi,
without knowing too much about cpanel or ever having encountered this specific problem: i have had similar problems (no upload possible and unspecific error message) once, when the cloud did not have write permissions for a specific directory. Maybe check if the www-user is owner of your data directory (should be) or try adding some external drive and see, whether it works there.

Did you install manually/ using docker or something different?

install using softaculous.

hey, I got the exact same error in my current Installation (but with nginx), fixed it with updating nginx to the newest version (available only through the nginx repo at this moment for Ubuntu 22.04). I documented that in this topic:

don’t know if your problem got fixed but maybe linking this topic will help others stumbling at this error (even if that error seems to have many reasons).

Hi

First of all, thank you very much for the wonderful Nextcloud system what you provide us. We love you :heart_eyes:

My problem was that I have two domains with basically the same requirements Hosting etc. But on the first domain A the WebDAV connection does not work. Now I have installed a test instance on both domains and it works on domain B, but not in domain A. And it comes to the following error see messages in the Domain A.

Your web server is not yet properly set up to allow file synchronization, because the WebDAV interface seems to be broken.

The solution to the problem after a long back and forth with my provider was to adapt the mod_security module.

mod_security

In such a situation, we can whitelist the triggered mod_security rule on the server, so that you can bypass the block. We’ve whitelisted the triggered rule for you.

1 Like

I noticed this error happened when using the Backup app maintenance mode was left on. Looking into crontab -u www-data -e, there was an error message about access to a log file. I looked the error in Google and made sure that the path could be created. The error message in crotab went away but the error still appeared in Nextcloud.

I went into a command prompt and made sure that www-data had access to /var/www/ (using $sudo chown www-data -R /var/www) so that any temporary tables can be created when crontab is in use.

The error message went away. DAVx5 should work on your mobile device as well as SMS backup. File manage, within Nextcloud will resume.