Your web server is not properly set up to resolve "/ocm-provider/"

why don`t the nextcloud developers pay more attention to shared enviroments? I guess most of the people have have nextcloud installed on a shared webspace…

3 Likes

I dropped the following into the end of my /etc/apache2.conf file and all good now.

Redirect 301 /ocm-provider/ /nextcloud/ocm-provider/
Redirect 301 /ocs-provider/ /nextcloud/ocs-provider/

Thanks guys!

3 Likes

As the OP I am increasingly confused. My instance of Nextcloud is running on a Synology DS218+ NAS and none of these locations seem to make sense in my install. I’ve put the redirect commands all over the place to no avail. In the past I’ve had a couple of issues and it’s like I am the only person ever to be running Nextcloud on a Diskstation. The Synology communities claims not to have a clue, neither do the Nextcloud communities and each refers me back to the other - so I am between the devil and the deep blue sea. I’ve even been looking for some alternative to Nextcloud which might be better supported on a Synology NAS - but I am yet to find anything. I need Calendar and Contacts (with user pics) - not too bothered about files. There must be someone out there who can help?

Hi Bernie_O,

I am also using nginx and nextcloud running in a subdirectory.

I have added the following lines in my nextcloud.conf:

location ~ ^\/nextcloud\/(?:updater|ocs-provider|ocm-provider)(?:$|\/) {
        return 301 $scheme://$host/nextcloud/$1/;
        #return 301 https://$server_name$request_uri;
        try_files $uri/ =404;
        index index.php;
    }

but I have always the same warning.

Where I am wrong?
Thank you in advance.
Omar

Worked!

PHP Version 7.1.26-1+ubuntu18.04.1+deb.sury.org+1
NC in /var/www/nextcloud

Can you see the difference?
You need to point from the root to the subfolder. My location block does this - your location doesn’t.
Undo your changes (they break ocs/m-provider completely!) and add my location block right after the location blocks with the .well-known/[...] redirects.

Adding this to /etc/apache2/sites-available/nextcloud.conf

Redirect 301 /ocm-provider/ /nextcloud/ocm-provider/
Redirect 301 /ocs-provider/ /nextcloud/ocs-provider/

and restarting apache also worked for me.
Thank you all!

2 Likes

Your tip saved my day. Hope, that the Nextcloud boys and girls are reading this, too.

I put your lines here

location = /nextcloud/.well-known/caldav {
                return 301 $scheme://$host/nextcloud/remote.php/dav;
        }

location /.well-known/acme-challenge { }

location ~ /(ocm-provider|ocs-provider)/ {
    }

location ^~ /nextcloud {

But the warnings persist. Is this the right spot?
Or are your lines meant to be inserted in addition so something else?

That looks good.
Did you tell nginx to reload the configuration?

nginx -s reload

That looks good.
Did you tell nginx to reload the configuration?

nginx -s reload

yes, I did.

I should probably mention that I use nginx as a reverse proxy, so everything Nextcloud gets redirected to 127.0.0.1:82 and this is where this configuration takes over. (I don’t know it this matters, just to prevent a “you should have said that earlier”)

Instead of sending the client a redirect, I just created aliases for these two paths.
I already had in my apache conf:
Alias /nextcloud "/var/www/nextcloud/"

So now I also have:
Alias /ocm-provider “/var/www/nextcloud/ocm-provider/”
Alias /ocs-provider “/var/www/nextcloud/ocs-provider/”

And that too seems to have cleared this error.

2 Likes

Hello Bernie_O,

I have added exactly your lines into my nextcloud.conf file (located in /etc/nginx/conf.d/), so now I have this:

# The following rule is only needed for the Social app.
# Uncomment it if you're planning to use this app.
# rewrite ^/.well-known/webfinger /nextcloud/public.php?service=webfinger last;

location = /.well-known/carddav {
}

location = /.well-known/caldav {
}

location /.well-known/acme-challenge { }

location ~ /(ocm-provider|ocs-provider)/ {
}

location ^~ /nextcloud {

# set max upload size
    client_max_body_size 10240M;
    # turns out the optimization conf already set the fast buffer size so I just nixed that from my conf
    #fastcgi_buffers 64 4K;

but the warning message on the WebUI is still there.

Any other idea? Where I am wrong?

Thank you very much.
Omar

NOT solved! I have no /etc/httpd/conf.d - nobody in this thread has addressed my issue. I am running NextCloud on a Synology DS218+ NAS. Who marks these threads as ‘solved’?

Merci, pour la solution, plus de message :slight_smile:

I have restored 15.0.4. I know NextCloud is effectively free, but I am very concerned that no support is available for those of us running it on a Synology NAS. I’m really not sure what to do - I want to host my own calendar and contacts but my options are not good. I’d love to carry on with NextCloud but nobody is able to help me when there are problems. Is the latest version of OwnCloud having similar updating problems?

Hi scgf,

I am well versed in Linux applications and the terminal and I once tried to help a friend install on a QNAP device. After several hours I had to throw in the towel because the NAS community is rather small and fragmented and I wasn’t able to make heads or tails of their proprietary infrastructure.

I’d recommend spinning up a VM on a bare metal box or on a cloud provider such as DigitalOcean or AWS. Cloud cost is cheap, you have access to root and the system is highly configurable. If you want assistance I can point you in the right direction as I’ve built Nextcloud applications on both systems in the last week.

Message me directly if you want to run through the basics.

Paul

Thank very much you Paul. I upgraded my NAS to the DS218+ just because of the memory upgrade capability and how well it runs NextCloud :frowning: NextCloud runs so well on it - even the 15.0.5 update - apart from the error messages in my original post. Everything works, and calendar and contacts are just perfect. I just don’t like seeing error messages I can do nothing about. I have upgraded several times since I installed version 14 and this is the first time I have seen such errors. I have restored 14.0.4 which shows no errors and I’ll stick with that for a while and look around for an alternative.

Afaik, Synology uses an extremely customized Linux with non-standard system pathes etc.,
therefore it is more than unrealistic that you find help in a Nextcloud forum. Most likely you
should ask such Synology specific questions in a Synology help forum or ask aunt G. for
an answer.
If you want to run Nextcloud some specific requirements need to be fulfilled in advance
by the system administrator. He needs to know how to set-up it on the used environment.
That is not part of Nextcloud. I would expect that you will run into this kind of trouble with
all kind of other web applications, including ownCloud :wink:

1 Like

Would using Docker help? My NAS can run Docker . .