You did not enter the password in time An error occured during the request. Unable to proceed

Support intro

Sorry to hear you’re facing problems :slightly_frowning_face:

help.nextcloud.com is for home/non-enterprise users. If you’re running a business, paid support can be accessed via portal.nextcloud.com where we can ensure your business keeps running smoothly.

In order to help you as quickly as possible, before clicking Create Topic please provide as much of the below as you can. Feel free to use a pastebin service for logs, otherwise either indent short log examples with four spaces:

example

Or for longer, use three backticks above and below the code snippet:

longer
example
here

Some or all of the below information will be requested if it isn’t supplied; for fastest response please provide as much as you can :heart:

Nextcloud version 14:
Operating system and version Freenas 11.2-RC2 in iocage jail:
Apache or nginx version Apache 2.4):
PHP version 7.2:

The issue you are facing:

I am the administrator of my Nextcloud server and when I am logged in, after some time of innactivity, if I need to make changes to anything Admin related (ie: enabling apps…) I am being asked to enter the password.
The password dialog shows up and remains active for a short instant. I have a fairly long password and most of the time I do not have the time to enter it and the web interface is returning an error message.

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? N:

Steps to replicate it:

1. Accessing the web gui and wait for some time.
  2. Access the admin section and change some parameters or enable change apps
  3. When prompted for password, just wait about 5-10 seconds.

Is there a way to increase the time need to enter password?

Have a look here:

Final note right at the bottom: Will be shipped in 14.0.4

Hi Apollo
it is the same with debian 9.6 and nextcloud 14.0.3 and php 7.0.30
i only have some seconds. not enough for my password.
I hope there will be a way to increase the time
I didn’t see starfish. Sorry.