Yes, Imap issues

Hi,
I am hosting nextcloud on freenas. Behind pfsense haproxy ssl termination. And you can add me to the list where this email app has been unusable thus far. I get the fatal error for imap caused by the horde. I have also put in config the line ‘app.mail.verify-tls-peer’ => false,

I cant get any of my email providers to pass. Not microsoft 365, google, icloud, etc… nonthing passes

So now I am looking at options of self hosting a email server to see if i can pass. That is not a path i want to go down just to get to the same place that nothing passes imap because of this particular build.

So at this point, with lots of threads on same subject, I am not sure if anyone passes, or if this is being looked at as a big opertunity. Or what exactly the next step is to try to get nextcloud to work as an email client. Any advice welcome. Hope I hear something new that has not been tried and failed.

did you try diagnose your setup with all debug options enabled?

Yes with all enabled.
{“reqId”:“obkt5l3l4dkCbVXC3G7r”,“level”:4,“time”:“2020-08-24T17:15:29+00:00”,“remoteAddr”:“192.168.23.9”,“user”:“rparenti”,“app”:“mail”,“method”:“GET”,“url”:"/apps/mail/",“message”:{“Exception”:“OCA\Mail\Exception\ServiceException”,“Message”:“IMAP errorError connecting to mail server.”,“Code”:11,“Trace”:[{“file”:"/usr/local/www/nextcloud/apps/mail/lib/Service/MailManager.php",“line”:101,“function”:“sync”,“class”:“OCA\Mail\IMAP\MailboxSync”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/usr/local/www/nextcloud/apps/mail/lib/Controller/PageController.php",“line”:119,“function”:“getFolders”,“class”:“OCA\Mail\Service\MailManager”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/usr/local/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Http/Dispatcher.php",“line”:170,“function”:“index”,“class”:“OCA\Mail\Controller\PageController”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/usr/local/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Http/Dispatcher.php",“line”:100,“function”:“executeController”,“class”:“OC\AppFramework\Http\Dispatcher”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/usr/local/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/App.php",“line”:137,“function”:“dispatch”,“class”:“OC\AppFramework\Http\Dispatcher”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/usr/local/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Routing/RouteActionHandler.php",“line”:47,“function”:“main”,“class”:“OC\AppFramework\App”,“type”:"::"},{“function”:"__invoke",“class”:“OC\AppFramework\Routing\RouteActionHandler”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/usr/local/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Route/Router.php",“line”:297,“function”:“call_user_func”},{“file”:"/usr/local/www/nextcloud/lib/base.php",“line”:1007,“function”:“match”,“class”:“OC\Route\Router”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/usr/local/www/nextcloud/index.php",“line”:37,“function”:“handleRequest”,“class”:“OC”,“type”:"::"}],“File”:"/usr/local/www/nextcloud/apps/mail/lib/IMAP/MailboxSync.php",“Line”:88,“Previous”:{“Exception”:“Horde_Imap_Client_Exception”,“Message”:“Error connecting to mail server.”,“Code”:11,“Trace”:[{“file”:"/usr/local/www/nextcloud/apps/mail/vendor/pear-pear.horde.org/Horde_Imap_Client/Horde/Imap/Client/Socket.php",“line”:375,“function”:"_connect",“class”:“Horde_Imap_Client_Socket”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/usr/local/www/nextcloud/apps/mail/vendor/pear-pear.horde.org/Horde_Imap_Client/Horde/Imap/Client/Base.php",“line”:838,“function”:"_login",“class”:“Horde_Imap_Client_Socket”,“type”:"->",“args”:["*** sensitive parameters replaced "]},{“file”:"/usr/local/www/nextcloud/apps/mail/vendor/pear-pear.horde.org/Horde_Imap_Client/Horde/Imap/Client/Base.php",“line”:1389,“function”:“login”,“class”:“Horde_Imap_Client_Base”,“type”:"->",“args”:[" sensitive parameters replaced ***"]},{“file”:"/usr/local/www/nextcloud/apps/mail/lib/IMAP/FolderMapper.php",“line”:60,“function”:“listMailboxes”,“class”:“Horde_Imap_Client_Base”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/usr/local/www/nextcloud/apps/mail/lib/IMAP/MailboxSync.php",“line”:85,“function”:“getFolders”,“class”:“OCA\Mail\IMAP\FolderMapper”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/usr/local/www/nextcloud/apps/mail/lib/Service/MailManager.php",“line”:101,“function”:“sync”,“class”:“OCA\Mail\IMAP\MailboxSync”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/usr/local/www/nextcloud/apps/mail/lib/Controller/PageController.php",“line”:119,“function”:“getFolders”,“class”:“OCA\Mail\Service\MailManager”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/usr/local/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Http/Dispatcher.php",“line”:170,“function”:“index”,“class”:“OCA\Mail\Controller\PageController”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/usr/local/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Http/Dispatcher.php",“line”:100,“function”:“executeController”,“class”:“OC\AppFramework\Http\Dispatcher”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/usr/local/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/App.php",“line”:137,“function”:“dispatch”,“class”:“OC\AppFramework\Http\Dispatcher”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/usr/local/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Routing/RouteActionHandler.php",“line”:47,“function”:“main”,“class”:“OC\AppFramework\App”,“type”:"::"},{“function”:"__invoke",“class”:“OC\AppFramework\Routing\RouteActionHandler”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/usr/local/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Route/Router.php",“line”:297,“function”:“call_user_func”},{“file”:"/usr/local/www/nextcloud/lib/base.php",“line”:1007,“function”:“match”,“class”:“OC\Route\Router”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/usr/local/www/nextcloud/index.php",“line”:37,“function”:“handleRequest”,“class”:“OC”,“type”:"::"}],“File”:"/usr/local/www/nextcloud/apps/mail/vendor/pear-pear.horde.org/Horde_Imap_Client/Horde/Imap/Client/Socket.php",“Line”:605},“CustomMessage”:“Could not load account folders: IMAP errorError connecting to mail server.”},“userAgent”:“Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/84.0.4147.135 Safari/537.36 Edg/84.0.522.63”,“version”:“19.0.1.1”,“id”:“5f43f609445dd”}

Hum. Any chance the server is generally unable to open outgoing socket connections? Or what about timeouts – is it running on slow internet?

Hi ChristophWurst
Gigabit internet here. So I am not thinking that is the issue.
I am not exactly sure how to test about opeing the socket your refering too?
I haved been thinking it has to do with having my certs being wildcard at my firewall for termination instead of in nextcloud. So it is not passing checks. But just speculating. I have not seen that people with these issues are behind reverse proxy with ssl termination.
Cheers

Got it.

I doubt the reverse proxy or the SSL termination play a role here. This error is about a connection that is being established from your server to the mail server.

Make sure you have the openssl php module installed and enabled.

If that does not help, please enable debug mode, reproduce the problem one more time and look into /data/horde_imap.log. It will have more details about the connection problem.

1 Like

See and here is where I get stopped out. As only logging i can see is in settings and I have all options marked. But I do not see the other logs being created in data when I shh looking for that file. openssl php ? Just did a pkg update && Upgrade and saw that in there. There are gaps from where I am at to where I need to be.

Also seeing this-
{“reqId”:“ULv8y4YTY52E2fGNTuhR”,“level”:2,“time”:“2020-08-24T19:05:55+00:00”,“remoteAddr”:“192.168.23.9”,“user”:“rparenti”,“app”:“mail”,“method”:“GET”,“url”:"/apps/mail/api/accounts/10/folders/SU5CT1g%3D/messages/13243/body",“message”:“KItinerary binary adapter is not available, can’t extract information”,“userAgent”:“Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/84.0.4147.135 Safari/537.36 Edg/84.0.522.63”,“version”:“19.0.1.1”,“id”:“5f440fbbcd956”}

Just to be clear: the data directory is relative to your nextcloud directory. It’s where you also find the nextcloud.log. Are you 100% sure debug is set to true?

Good morning, we have a bit of opposite time zone here. I do not know where to change debug to true. The only debug setting i see is in the gui settings under logging where I can toggle the list using levels. Is there someplace else I need to go? I have not seen any reference on any other posts if there is another way to enable more? Because there is no log you mention next to the nexcloud.log that is in fact in that folder.

I sent you the link to the docs in Yes, Imap issues

Oh sorry didn’t realize that was a link. I have added it to config. I deleted the first file and rebooted. and then tried to run email module… Went back and looked and confirmed the date is wrong… It is Friday in the wee hours here… and it is showing yesterday. Not sure what else to look for…

Thu, 27 Aug 2020 13:54:02 +0000

Connection to: imap://gmail.com:993/
Slow Command: 5.482 seconds
Connection failed: Error connecting to server.

Thu, 27 Aug 2020 13:54:08 +0000
Connection to: imap://outlook.office365.com:993/

Thu, 27 Aug 2020 13:54:08 +0000
Server connection took 0.4593 seconds.
S: * OK The Microsoft Exchange IMAP4 service is ready. [UwBZAFgAUABSADAAMQBDAEEAMAAxADQAMgAuAGEAdQBzAHAAcgBkADAAMQAuAHAAcgBvAGQALgBvAHUAdABsAG8AbwBrAC4AYwBvAG0A]
C: 1 CAPABILITY
S: * CAPABILITY IMAP4 IMAP4rev1 AUTH=PLAIN AUTH=XOAUTH2 SASL-IR UIDPLUS ID UNSELECT CHILDREN IDLE NAMESPACE LITERAL+
S: 1 OK CAPABILITY completed.
Command 1 took 0.0754 seconds.
C: 2 AUTHENTICATE PLAIN [INITIAL CLIENT RESPONSE (username: americo.parenti@live.com)]
S: 2 OK AUTHENTICATE completed.
Command 2 took 1.6974 seconds.
C: 3 CAPABILITY
S: * CAPABILITY IMAP4 IMAP4rev1 AUTH=PLAIN AUTH=XOAUTH2 SASL-IR UIDPLUS MOVE ID UNSELECT CLIENTACCESSRULES CLIENTNETWORKPRESENCELOCATION BACKENDAUTHENTICATE CHILDREN IDLE NAMESPACE LITERAL+
S: 3 OK CAPABILITY completed.
Command 3 took 0.2334 seconds.
CACHE: Using the OCA\Mail\Cache\Cache storage driver.
C: 4 LSUB “” *
S: * LSUB (\HasNoChildren) “/” Archive
S: * LSUB (\Marked \HasChildren \Trash) “/” Deleted
S: * LSUB (\Marked \HasNoChildren \Drafts) “/” Drafts
S: * LSUB (\HasNoChildren) “/” FILTERED
S: * LSUB (\Marked \HasChildren) “/” Inbox
S: * LSUB (\HasNoChildren) “/” “Inbox/NextCloud Private”
S: * LSUB (\HasNoChildren \Junk) “/” Junk
S: * LSUB (\HasNoChildren) “/” Notes
S: * LSUB (\HasNoChildren) “/” Outbox
S: * LSUB (\HasNoChildren \Sent) “/” Sent
S: * LSUB (\HasChildren) “/” “Sync Issues”
S: * LSUB (\HasNoChildren) “/” “Sync Issues/Conflicts”
S: * LSUB (\HasNoChildren) “/” “Sync Issues/Local Failures”
S: * LSUB (\HasNoChildren) “/” “Sync Issues/Server Failures”
S: * LSUB (\HasNoChildren) “/” Unwanted
S: 4 OK LSUB completed.
Command 4 took 0.2807 seconds.
C: 5 LIST “” *
S: * LIST (\HasNoChildren) “/” Archive
S: * LIST (\Marked \HasChildren \Trash) “/” Deleted
S: * LIST (\Marked \HasNoChildren \Drafts) “/” Drafts
S: * LIST (\HasNoChildren) “/” FILTERED
S: * LIST (\Marked \HasChildren) “/” Inbox
S: * LIST (\HasNoChildren) “/” “Inbox/NextCloud Private”
S: * LIST (\HasNoChildren \Junk) “/” Junk
S: * LIST (\HasNoChildren) “/” Notes
S: * LIST (\HasNoChildren) “/” Outbox
S: * LIST (\HasNoChildren \Sent) “/” Sent
S: * LIST (\HasChildren) “/” “Sync Issues”
S: * LIST (\HasNoChildren) “/” “Sync Issues/Conflicts”
S: * LIST (\HasNoChildren) “/” “Sync Issues/Local Failures”
S: * LIST (\HasNoChildren) “/” “Sync Issues/Server Failures”
S: * LIST (\HasNoChildren) “/” Unwanted
S: 5 OK LIST completed.
Command 5 took 0.2372 seconds.
C: 6 STATUS Archive (MESSAGES RECENT UIDNEXT UIDVALIDITY UNSEEN)
C: 7 STATUS Deleted (MESSAGES RECENT UIDNEXT UIDVALIDITY UNSEEN)
C: 8 STATUS Drafts (MESSAGES RECENT UIDNEXT UIDVALIDITY UNSEEN)
C: 9 STATUS FILTERED (MESSAGES RECENT UIDNEXT UIDVALIDITY UNSEEN)
C: 10 STATUS INBOX (MESSAGES RECENT UIDNEXT UIDVALIDITY UNSEEN)
C: 11 STATUS “Inbox/NextCloud Private” (MESSAGES RECENT UIDNEXT UIDVALIDITY UNSEEN)
C: 12 STATUS Junk (MESSAGES RECENT UIDNEXT UIDVALIDITY UNSEEN)
C: 13 STATUS Notes (MESSAGES RECENT UIDNEXT UIDVALIDITY UNSEEN)
C: 14 STATUS Outbox (MESSAGES RECENT UIDNEXT UIDVALIDITY UNSEEN)
C: 15 STATUS Sent (MESSAGES RECENT UIDNEXT UIDVALIDITY UNSEEN)
C: 16 STATUS “Sync Issues” (MESSAGES RECENT UIDNEXT UIDVALIDITY UNSEEN)
C: 17 STATUS “Sync Issues/Conflicts” (MESSAGES RECENT UIDNEXT UIDVALIDITY UNSEEN)
C: 18 STATUS “Sync Issues/Local Failures” (MESSAGES RECENT UIDNEXT UIDVALIDITY UNSEEN)
C: 19 STATUS “Sync Issues/Server Failures” (MESSAGES RECENT UIDNEXT UIDVALIDITY UNSEEN)
C: 20 STATUS Unwanted (MESSAGES RECENT UIDNEXT UIDVALIDITY UNSEEN)
S: * STATUS Archive (MESSAGES 0 RECENT 0 UIDNEXT 1 UIDVALIDITY 154 UNSEEN 0)
S: 6 OK STATUS completed.
Command 6 took 0.2323 seconds.

Thu, 27 Aug 2020 13:54:11 +0000
S: * STATUS Deleted (MESSAGES 119 RECENT 14 UIDNEXT 13182 UIDVALIDITY 12 UNSEEN 11)
S: 7 OK STATUS completed.
Command 7 took 0.4622 seconds.
S: * STATUS Drafts (MESSAGES 0 RECENT 0 UIDNEXT 618 UIDVALIDITY 173 UNSEEN 0)
S: 8 OK STATUS completed.
Command 8 took 0.5469 seconds.
S: * STATUS FILTERED (MESSAGES 140 RECENT 140 UIDNEXT 156 UIDVALIDITY 177 UNSEEN 0)
S: 9 OK STATUS completed.
Command 9 took 0.547 seconds.
S: * STATUS Inbox (MESSAGES 1866 RECENT 1 UIDNEXT 13281 UIDVALIDITY 14 UNSEEN 0)
S: 10 OK STATUS completed.
Command 10 took 0.547 seconds.
S: * STATUS “Inbox/NextCloud Private” (MESSAGES 0 RECENT 0 UIDNEXT 1 UIDVALIDITY 835 UNSEEN 0)
S: 11 OK STATUS completed.
Command 11 took 0.5446 seconds.
S: * STATUS Junk (MESSAGES 2 RECENT 2 UIDNEXT 545 UIDVALIDITY 180 UNSEEN 2)
S: 12 OK STATUS completed.
Command 12 took 0.5441 seconds.
S: * STATUS Notes (MESSAGES 0 RECENT 0 UIDNEXT 1 UIDVALIDITY 182 UNSEEN 0)
S: 13 OK STATUS completed.
Command 13 took 0.5441 seconds.
S: * STATUS Outbox (MESSAGES 0 RECENT 0 UIDNEXT 963 UIDVALIDITY 13 UNSEEN 0)
S: 14 OK STATUS completed.
Command 14 took 0.5442 seconds.
S: * STATUS Sent (MESSAGES 1979 RECENT 1979 UIDNEXT 2850 UIDVALIDITY 11 UNSEEN 0)
S: 15 OK STATUS completed.
Command 15 took 0.5442 seconds.
S: * STATUS “Sync Issues” (MESSAGES 0 RECENT 0 UIDNEXT 1 UIDVALIDITY 185 UNSEEN 0)
S: 16 OK STATUS completed.
Command 16 took 0.5442 seconds.
S: * STATUS “Sync Issues/Conflicts” (MESSAGES 0 RECENT 0 UIDNEXT 1 UIDVALIDITY 186 UNSEEN 0)
S: 17 OK STATUS completed.
Command 17 took 0.5443 seconds.
S: * STATUS “Sync Issues/Local Failures” (MESSAGES 0 RECENT 0 UIDNEXT 1 UIDVALIDITY 187 UNSEEN 0)
S: 18 OK STATUS completed.
Command 18 took 0.5443 seconds.
S: * STATUS “Sync Issues/Server Failures” (MESSAGES 0 RECENT 0 UIDNEXT 1 UIDVALIDITY 188 UNSEEN 0)
S: 19 OK STATUS completed.
Command 19 took 0.6797 seconds.
S: * STATUS Unwanted (MESSAGES 0 RECENT 0 UIDNEXT 1 UIDVALIDITY 190 UNSEEN 0)
S: 20 OK STATUS completed.
Command 20 took 0.6797 seconds.
C: 21 LOGOUT
S: * BYE Microsoft Exchange Server IMAP4 server signing off.
S: 21 OK LOGOUT completed.
Command 21 took 0.2316 seconds.
Slow Command: 5.004 seconds

Thu, 27 Aug 2020 13:54:13 +0000
Server connection took 0.1545 seconds.
S: * OK The Microsoft Exchange IMAP4 service is ready. [UwBZAEIAUABSADAAMQBDAEEAMAAwADEAMAAuAGEAdQBzAHAAcgBkADAAMQAuAHAAcgBvAGQALgBvAHUAdABsAG8AbwBrAC4AYwBvAG0A]
S: * CAPABILITY IMAP4 IMAP4rev1 AUTH=PLAIN AUTH=XOAUTH2 SASL-IR UIDPLUS ID UNSELECT CHILDREN IDLE NAMESPACE LITERAL+
Command 1 took 0.0484 seconds.
C: 2 AUTHENTICATE PLAIN [INITIAL CLIENT RESPONSE (username: xxxxxxxxxm)]
Command 2 took 1.6994 seconds.
S: * CAPABILITY IMAP4 IMAP4rev1 AUTH=PLAIN AUTH=XOAUTH2 SASL-IR UIDPLUS MOVE ID UNSELECT CLIENTACCESSRULES CLIENTNETWORKPRESENCELOCATION BACKENDAUTHENTICATE CHILDREN IDLE NAMESPACE LITERAL+
Command 3 took 0.2336 seconds.
Command 4 took 0.2688 seconds.
Command 5 took 0.2489 seconds.
C: 11 STATUS “Inbox/NextCloud Private” (MESSAGES RECENT UIDNEXT UIDVALIDITY UNSEEN)
C: 17 STATUS “Sync Issues/Conflicts” (MESSAGES RECENT UIDNEXT UIDVALIDITY UNSEEN)
C: 18 STATUS “Sync Issues/Local Failures” (MESSAGES RECENT UIDNEXT UIDVALIDITY UNSEEN)
C: 19 STATUS “Sync Issues/Server Failures” (MESSAGES RECENT UIDNEXT UIDVALIDITY UNSEEN)
Command 6 took 0.2337 seconds.
S: * STATUS Deleted (MESSAGES 119 RECENT 14 UIDNEXT 13182 UIDVALIDITY 12 UNSEEN 11)
Command 7 took 0.4241 seconds.
Command 8 took 0.5068 seconds.
S: * STATUS FILTERED (MESSAGES 140 RECENT 140 UIDNEXT 156 UIDVALIDITY 177 UNSEEN 0)
Command 9 took 0.5069 seconds.
S: * STATUS Inbox (MESSAGES 1866 RECENT 1 UIDNEXT 13281 UIDVALIDITY 14 UNSEEN 0)
Command 10 took 0.5069 seconds.
S: * STATUS “Inbox/NextCloud Private” (MESSAGES 0 RECENT 0 UIDNEXT 1 UIDVALIDITY 835 UNSEEN 0)
Command 11 took 0.5069 seconds.
Command 12 took 0.5069 seconds.
Command 13 took 0.5069 seconds.
Command 14 took 0.507 seconds.
S: * STATUS Sent (MESSAGES 1979 RECENT 1979 UIDNEXT 2850 UIDVALIDITY 11 UNSEEN 0)
Command 15 took 0.507 seconds.
S: * STATUS “Sync Issues” (MESSAGES 0 RECENT 0 UIDNEXT 1 UIDVALIDITY 185 UNSEEN 0)
Command 16 took 0.5071 seconds.
S: * STATUS “Sync Issues/Conflicts” (MESSAGES 0 RECENT 0 UIDNEXT 1 UIDVALIDITY 186 UNSEEN 0)
Command 17 took 0.5071 seconds.
S: * STATUS “Sync Issues/Local Failures” (MESSAGES 0 RECENT 0 UIDNEXT 1 UIDVALIDITY 187 UNSEEN 0)
Command 18 took 0.5071 seconds.
Slow Command: 5.002 seconds

Thu, 27 Aug 2020 13:54:16 +0000
S: * STATUS “Sync Issues/Server Failures” (MESSAGES 0 RECENT 0 UIDNEXT 1 UIDVALIDITY 188 UNSEEN 0)
Command 19 took 0.6476 seconds.
Command 20 took 0.6476 seconds.
Server connection took 0.1636 seconds.
S: * OK The Microsoft Exchange IMAP4 service is ready. [UwBZAEIAUABSADAAMQBDAEEAMAAwADEAOQAuAGEAdQBzAHAAcgBkADAAMQAuAHAAcgBvAGQALgBvAHUAdABsAG8AbwBrAC4AYwBvAG0A]
Command 1 took 0.0525 seconds.
C: 2 AUTHENTICATE PLAIN [INITIAL CLIENT RESPONSE (username: americo.parenti@live.com)]
Command 21 took 0.2346 seconds.
Command 2 took 1.6984 seconds.
Command 3 took 0.2369 seconds.
Command 4 took 0.2716 seconds.
Command 5 took 0.2401 seconds.
Command 6 took 0.2349 seconds.
Command 7 took 0.4215 seconds.
Command 8 took 0.5015 seconds.
Command 9 took 0.5015 seconds.
Command 10 took 0.5015 seconds.
Command 11 took 0.5016 seconds.
Command 12 took 0.5015 seconds.
Command 13 took 0.5016 seconds.
Command 14 took 0.5016 seconds.
Command 15 took 0.5016 seconds.
Command 16 took 0.5017 seconds.
Command 17 took 0.5017 seconds.
Command 18 took 0.5017 seconds.
Command 19 took 0.6378 seconds.
Command 20 took 0.6378 seconds.
Command 21 took 0.2327 seconds.

Thu, 27 Aug 2020 13:54:34 +0000
Slow Command: 5.002 seconds

Thu, 27 Aug 2020 13:54:43 +0000

Thu, 27 Aug 2020 13:54:45 +0000
Slow Command: 10.315 seconds
Server connection took 10.3147 seconds.
S: * OK The Microsoft Exchange IMAP4 service is ready. [UwBZADQAUAAyADgAMgBDAEEAMAAwADEANwAuAEEAVQBTAFAAMgA4ADIALgBQAFIATwBEAC4ATwBVAFQATABPAE8ASwAuAEMATwBNAA==]
Command 1 took 0.0481 seconds.
C: 2 AUTHENTICATE PLAIN [INITIAL CLIENT RESPONSE (username: xxxxxxx)]
Slow Command: 13.44 seconds
Server connection took 13.4397 seconds.
S: * OK The Microsoft Exchange IMAP4 service is ready. [UwBZADQAUAAyADgAMgBDAEEAMAAwADEAMgAuAEEAVQBTAFAAMgA4ADIALgBQAFIATwBEAC4ATwBVAFQATABPAE8ASwAuAEMATwBNAA==]
Command 1 took 0.0515 seconds.
C: 2 AUTHENTICATE PLAIN [INITIAL CLIENT RESPONSE (username: xxxxx)]
Command 2 took 1.6979 seconds.
Command 3 took 0.2298 seconds.
C: 4 EXAMINE INBOX
S: * 1866 EXISTS
S: * 1 RECENT
S: * FLAGS (\Seen \Answered \Flagged \Deleted \Draft $MDNSent)
S: * OK [PERMANENTFLAGS ()] Permanent flags
S: * OK [UIDVALIDITY 14] UIDVALIDITY value
S: * OK [UIDNEXT 13281] The next unique identifier value
S: 4 OK [READ-ONLY] EXAMINE completed.
Command 4 took 0.3168 seconds.
C: 5 UID FETCH 13266 (ENVELOPE FLAGS INTERNALDATE)
S: * 1865 FETCH (ENVELOPE (“Wed, 26 Aug 2020 09:21:25 +0000” “Weekly activity report for Alyssandra” ((“Microsoft Family Safety” NIL “familysafety” “microsoft.com”)) NIL NIL ((NIL NIL “americo.parenti” “live.com”)) NIL NIL NIL “6c8d46659b664a9aaf22ca576c34f6af-JFBVALKQOJXWILKCJQZFA7CGMFWWS3DZPRAWG5DJOZUXI6KSMVYG64TUIR4W4YLNNFRXYU3NORYA====@microsoft.com”) FLAGS (\Seen) INTERNALDATE “26-Aug-2020 09:21:28 +0000” UID 13266)
S: 5 OK FETCH completed.
Command 5 took 0.6872 seconds.
CACHE: Stored messages [INBOX; 13266]
CACHE: Retrieved messages (HICenv,HICdate,HICsize,HICstruct,HICdg [INBOX; 13266])
C: 6 UID FETCH 13266 (BODYSTRUCTURE FLAGS RFC822.SIZE)
S: * 1865 FETCH (BODYSTRUCTURE ((“text” “plain” (“charset” “utf-8”) NIL NIL “base64” 156 2 NIL NIL NIL NIL)(“text” “html” (“charset” “utf-8”) NIL NIL “base64” 32838 421 NIL NIL NIL NIL) “alternative” (“boundary” “–boundary_4150738_9b6aaca5-6687-4420-b028-12520a49cf8b”) NIL NIL) FLAGS (\Seen) RFC822.SIZE 126187 UID 13266)
Command 2 took 1.6916 seconds.
S: 6 OK FETCH completed.
Command 6 took 0.4669 seconds.
CACHE: Stored messages [INBOX; 13266]
C: 7 UID FETCH 13266 (BODY.PEEK[1] BODY.PEEK[1.MIME])
Command 3 took 0.2323 seconds.
S: * 1865 FETCH (BODY[1] {158}
S: [LITERAL DATA: 158 bytes]
S: BODY[1.MIME] {80}
S: [LITERAL DATA: 80 bytes]
S: UID 13266)
Command 4 took 0.313 seconds.
C: 5 UID FETCH 13243 (ENVELOPE FLAGS INTERNALDATE)
S: 7 OK FETCH completed.
Command 7 took 0.4637 seconds.
C: 8 UID FETCH 13266 (BODY.PEEK[2] BODY.PEEK[2.MIME])
S: * 1864 FETCH (ENVELOPE (“Mon, 24 Aug 2020 09:38:28 +0000” “A new online shopping destination is here” ((“Microsoft Rewards” NIL “microsoftrewards” “e.microsoft.com”)) NIL NIL ((NIL NIL “americo.parenti” “live.com”)) NIL NIL NIL “11a5a9dc7f8642088a777245bc8bb4ad-JFBVALKQOJXWILKNK4YVA7CDIRXECRLNMFUWYUDMMF2GM33SNV6EGRDOIF6FG3LUOA======@microsoft.com”) FLAGS (\Seen) INTERNALDATE “24-Aug-2020 09:38:31 +0000” UID 13243)
Command 5 took 0.616 seconds.
CACHE: Stored messages [INBOX; 13243]
CACHE: Retrieved messages (HICenv,HICdate,HICsize,HICstruct,HICdg [INBOX; 13243])
C: 6 UID FETCH 13243 (BODYSTRUCTURE FLAGS RFC822.SIZE)
S: * 1865 FETCH (BODY[2] {32838}
S: [LITERAL DATA: 32838 bytes]
S: BODY[2.MIME] {79}
S: [LITERAL DATA: 79 bytes]
S: UID 13266)
S: 8 OK FETCH completed.
Command 8 took 0.7075 seconds.
S: * 1864 FETCH (BODYSTRUCTURE ((“text” “plain” (“charset” “utf-8”) NIL NIL “base64” 3762 49 NIL NIL NIL NIL)(“text” “html” (“charset” “utf-8”) NIL NIL “base64” 109878 1409 NIL NIL NIL NIL) “alternative” (“boundary” “–boundary_972095_045bc95a-5471-4f29-a77a-f4f293ef19f0”) NIL NIL) FLAGS (\Seen) RFC822.SIZE 317368 UID 13243)
Command 6 took 0.4689 seconds.
CACHE: Stored messages [INBOX; 13243]
C: 7 UID FETCH 13243 (BODY.PEEK[1] BODY.PEEK[1.MIME])
CACHE: Retrieved messages (HICenv,HICstruct,HICdg [INBOX; 13266])
C: 9 SELECT INBOX
S: * 1864 FETCH (BODY[1] {3762}
S: [LITERAL DATA: 3762 bytes]
S: UID 13243)
Command 7 took 0.4391 seconds.
C: 8 UID FETCH 13243 (BODY.PEEK[2] BODY.PEEK[2.MIME])
S: * OK [PERMANENTFLAGS (\Seen \Answered \Flagged \Deleted \Draft $MDNSent)] Permanent flags
S: 9 OK [READ-WRITE] SELECT completed.
Command 9 took 0.2857 seconds.
C: 10 UID FETCH 13266 (BODY BODY.PEEK BODY.PEEK[1] BODY.PEEK[2] BODY.PEEK[2.MIME])
S: * 1864 FETCH (BODY[2] {109878}
S: * 1865 FETCH (BODY {40338}
S: [LITERAL DATA: 40338 bytes]
S: BODY {40338}
S: BODY[1] {158}
S: BODY[2] {32838}
S: UID 13266 FLAGS (\Seen))
S: 10 OK FETCH completed.
Command 10 took 0.7148 seconds.
CACHE: Retrieved messages (HICstruct,HICdg [INBOX; 13266])
C: 11 UID FETCH 13266 (BODY BODY.PEEK[1] BODY.PEEK[2] BODY.PEEK[1.MIME] BODY.PEEK[2.MIME])
S: * 1865 FETCH (BODY {40338}
S: BODY[1] {158}
S: BODY[2] {32838}
S: UID 13266 FLAGS (\Seen))
S: 11 OK FETCH completed.
Command 11 took 0.4053 seconds.
C: 12 LOGOUT
S: [LITERAL DATA: 109878 bytes]
S: UID 13243)
Command 8 took 1.2705 seconds.
CACHE: Retrieved messages (HICenv,HICstruct,HICdg [INBOX; 13243])
C: 9 SELECT INBOX
S: 12 OK LOGOUT completed.
Command 12 took 0.2328 seconds.
S: * 0 RECENT
S: * OK [PERMANENTFLAGS (\Seen \Answered \Flagged \Deleted \Draft $MDNSent)] Permanent flags
S: 9 OK [READ-WRITE] SELECT completed.
Command 9 took 0.2893 seconds.
C: 10 UID FETCH 13243 (BODY BODY.PEEK BODY.PEEK[1] BODY.PEEK[2] BODY.PEEK[2.MIME])

Thu, 27 Aug 2020 13:55:02 +0000
Server connection took 0.2571 seconds.
S: * 1864 FETCH (BODY {121025}
S: * OK The Microsoft Exchange IMAP4 service is ready. [UwBZAEMAUAAyADgAMgBDAEEAMAAwADEAOQAuAEEAVQBTAFAAMgA4ADIALgBQAFIATwBEAC4ATwBVAFQATABPAE8ASwAuAEMATwBNAA==]
Command 1 took 0.0514 seconds.
C: 2 AUTHENTICATE PLAIN [INITIAL CLIENT RESPONSE (username: )]
S: [LITERAL DATA: 121025 bytes]
S: BODY {121025}
S: [LITERAL DATA: 121025 bytes]
S: BODY[1] {3762}

So you are, in fact, facing rather slow network connections (as suspected before). Gmail timed out and outlook also took more than 3s.

Try increasing the timeout to 25s for a test: https://github.com/nextcloud/mail/blob/master/doc/admin.md#imap-timeout

Then we can investigate further.

I just went to that link and copied ‘app.mail.imap.timeout’ => 20 and tried to put it various places in config and it just made the nextcloud inaccessible. I finally put it in
‘mail_smtpstreamoptions’ =>
array (
‘ssl’ =>
array (
‘allow_self_signed’ => true,
‘verify_peer’ => false,
‘verify_peer_name’ => false,
‘app.mail.imap.timeout’ => 25
),
),
Not sure if that is the correct spot but at least it loads. It does not change anything else though.

It’s not …

<?php
$CONFIG = array (
    ‘app.mail.imap.timeout’ => 25,
...rest of the file...

Thanks for your help, Ok I put it there, I see no difference loading really. maybe just takes longer… If i stay in the tab on gui, i get a notification of the last email it pulled over and over again.

Mon, 31 Aug 2020 18:05:45 +0000
Slow Command: 29.772 seconds

Mon, 31 Aug 2020 18:06:17 +0000

Mon, 31 Aug 2020 18:06:19 +0000
Slow Command: 15.164 seconds
Server connection took 15.1638 seconds.
S: * OK The Microsoft Exchange IMAP4 service is ready. [UwBZAEMAUABSADAAMQBDAEEAMAAwADIAMQAuAGEAdQBzAHAAcgBkADAAMQAuAHAAcgBvAGQALgBvAHUAdABsAG8AbwBrAC4AYwBvAG0A]
Command 1 took 0.0514 seconds.
C: 2 AUTHENTICATE PLAIN [INITIAL CLIENT RESPONSE (username: xxxxxx)]
Slow Command: 18.176 seconds
Server connection took 18.1754 seconds.
S: * OK The Microsoft Exchange IMAP4 service is ready. [UwBZAEMAUABSADAAMQBDAEEAMAAwADIANAAuAGEAdQBzAHAAcgBkADAAMQAuAHAAcgBvAGQALgBvAHUAdABsAG8AbwBrAC4AYwBvAG0A]
Command 1 took 0.0488 seconds.
C: 2 AUTHENTICATE PLAIN [INITIAL CLIENT RESPONSE (username: xxxxxxxm)]
Command 2 took 1.711 seconds.
Command 3 took 0.2323 seconds.
S: * 1869 EXISTS
S: * OK [UIDNEXT 13327] The next unique identifier value
Command 4 took 0.3178 seconds.
CACHE: Retrieved messages (HICenv,HICdate,HICdg [INBOX; 13287])
C: 5 UID FETCH 13287 (FLAGS)
S: * 1868 FETCH (FLAGS (\Seen) UID 13287)
Command 5 took 0.4608 seconds.
CACHE: Retrieved messages (HICenv,HICdate,HICsize,HICstruct,HICdg [INBOX; 13287])
C: 6 UID FETCH 13287 (FLAGS)
Command 2 took 1.6537 seconds.
Command 3 took 0.2227 seconds.
Command 6 took 0.4552 seconds.
C: 7 UID FETCH 13287 (BODY.PEEK[1] BODY.PEEK[1.MIME])
Command 4 took 0.3236 seconds.
CACHE: Retrieved messages (HICenv,HICdate,HICdg [INBOX; 13284])
C: 5 UID FETCH 13284 (FLAGS)
S: * 1867 FETCH (FLAGS (\Seen) UID 13284)
S: * 1868 FETCH (BODY[1] {43141}
S: [LITERAL DATA: 43141 bytes]
S: BODY[1.MIME] NIL UID 13287)
Command 7 took 0.6067 seconds.
C: 8 LOGOUT
Command 5 took 0.4378 seconds.
CACHE: Retrieved messages (HICenv,HICdate,HICsize,HICstruct,HICdg [INBOX; 13284])
C: 6 UID FETCH 13284 (FLAGS)
S: 8 OK LOGOUT completed.
Command 8 took 0.2324 seconds.

Mon, 31 Aug 2020 18:06:38 +0000
Server connection took 0.1606 seconds.
S: * OK The Microsoft Exchange IMAP4 service is ready. [UwBZAFkAUAAyADgAMgBDAEEAMAAwADAAMgAuAEEAVQBTAFAAMgA4ADIALgBQAFIATwBEAC4ATwBVAFQATABPAE8ASwAuAEMATwBNAA==]
Command 6 took 0.472 seconds.
C: 7 UID FETCH 13284 (BODY.PEEK[1] BODY.PEEK[1.MIME])
Command 1 took 0.0513 seconds.
C: 2 AUTHENTICATE PLAIN [INITIAL CLIENT RESPONSE (username: xxxxxxxxxxxx)]
S: * 1867 FETCH (BODY[1] {36410}
S: [LITERAL DATA: 36410 bytes]
S: BODY[1.MIME] NIL UID 13284)
Command 7 took 0.6203 seconds.
Command 8 took 0.2231 seconds.
Command 2 took 1.7884 seconds.
Command 3 took 0.2427 seconds.
Command 4 took 0.3332 seconds.
CACHE: Retrieved messages (HICenv,HICdate,HICdg [INBOX; 13287])
C: 5 UID FETCH 13287 (FLAGS)
Command 5 took 0.4762 seconds.
CACHE: Retrieved messages (HICenv,HICdate,HICsize,HICstruct,HICdg [INBOX; 13287])
C: 6 UID FETCH 13287 (FLAGS)
Command 6 took 0.4769 seconds.
C: 7 UID FETCH 13287 (BODY.PEEK[1] BODY.PEEK[1.MIME])
S: * 1868 FETCH (BODY[1] {43141}
S: [LITERAL DATA: 43141 bytes]
S: BODY[1.MIME] NIL UID 13287)
Command 7 took 0.6216 seconds.
Command 8 took 0.242 seconds.

Mon, 31 Aug 2020 18:06:46 +0000
Server connection took 0.3652 seconds.
S: * OK The Microsoft Exchange IMAP4 service is ready. [UwBZAEIAUABSADAAMQBDAEEAMAAxADMANQAuAGEAdQBzAHAAcgBkADAAMQAuAHAAcgBvAGQALgBvAHUAdABsAG8AbwBrAC4AYwBvAG0A]
Command 1 took 0.0532 seconds.
C: 2 AUTHENTICATE PLAIN [INITIAL CLIENT RESPONSE (username: xxxxxxxxxx]
Command 2 took 1.774 seconds.
Command 3 took 0.2431 seconds.
C: 4 STATUS INBOX (MESSAGES UIDNEXT UIDVALIDITY)
S: * STATUS Inbox (MESSAGES 1869 UIDNEXT 13327 UIDVALIDITY 14)
S: 4 OK STATUS completed.
Command 4 took 0.2863 seconds.
C: 5 EXAMINE INBOX
S: 5 OK [READ-ONLY] EXAMINE completed.
Command 5 took 0.2805 seconds.
C: 6 UID SEARCH UID 13310:13327
S: * SEARCH
S: 6 OK SEARCH completed.
Command 6 took 0.2444 seconds.
CACHE: Retrieved messages (HICenv,HICdate,HICdg [INBOX; 13284,13287])
C: 7 UID FETCH 13284,13287 (FLAGS)
C: 8 UID FETCH 12798,12810,12838,12901,12913,12917,12970,12973,13031,13091,13124,13136,13171,13203,13243,13266,13277 (ENVELOPE FLAGS INTERNALDATE)
Command 7 took 0.4374 seconds.
S: * 1850 FETCH (ENVELOPE (“Tue, 19 May 2020 00:03:17 +0000”
S: * 1851 FETCH (ENVELOPE (“Sun, 24 May 2020 00:13:30 +0000”
S: * 1852 FETCH (ENVELOPE (“Thu, 4 Jun 2020 22:04:19 +0000”
S: * 1853 FETCH (ENVELOPE (“Sun, 28 Jun 2020 19:46:00 +0000”
S: * 1854 FETCH (ENVELOPE (“Wed, 1 Jul 2020 21:27:39 +0000”
S: * 1855 FETCH (ENVELOPE (“Thu, 2 Jul 2020 14:00:03 +0000”
S: * 1856 FETCH (ENVELOPE (“Mon, 20 Jul 2020 04:41:45 +0000”
S: * 1857 FETCH (ENVELOPE (“Mon, 20 Jul 2020 23:07:31 +0000”
S: * 1858 FETCH (ENVELOPE (“Mon, 27 Jul 2020 09:22:12 +0000”
S: * 1859 FETCH (ENVELOPE (“Tue, 4 Aug 2020 18:42:07 +0000”
S: * 1860 FETCH (ENVELOPE (“Wed, 5 Aug 2020 21:13:13 +0000”
S: * 1861 FETCH (ENVELOPE (“Thu, 6 Aug 2020 03:37:47 +0000”
S: * 1862 FETCH (ENVELOPE (“Thu, 13 Aug 2020 18:34:17 +0000”
S: * 1863 FETCH (ENVELOPE (“Mon, 17 Aug 2020 22:54:43 +0000”
S: * 1864 FETCH (ENVELOPE (“Mon, 24 Aug 2020 09:38:28 +0000”
S: * 1865 FETCH (ENVELOPE (“Wed, 26 Aug 2020 09:21:25 +0000”
S: * 1866 FETCH (ENVELOPE (“Thu, 27 Aug 2020 12:00:50 +0000”
Command 8 took 3.4097 seconds.
CACHE: Stored messages [INBOX; 12798,12810,12838,12901,12913,12917,12970,12973,13031,13091,13124,13136,13171,13203,13243,13266,13277]
C: 9 UID SEARCH UID 13287,13284,13277,13266,13243,13203,13171,13136,13124,13091,13031,12973,12970,12917,12913,12901,12838,12810,12798
S: * SEARCH 12798 12810 12838 12901 12913 12917 12970 12973 13031 13091 13124 13136 13171 13203 13243 13266 13277 13284 13287
S: 9 OK SEARCH completed.
Command 9 took 0.2411 seconds.
C: 10 LOGOUT
S: 10 OK LOGOUT completed.
Command 10 took 0.2408 seconds.

Mon, 31 Aug 2020 18:06:54 +0000
Server connection took 0.3937 seconds.
S: * OK The Microsoft Exchange IMAP4 service is ready. [UwBZADIAUABSADAAMQBDAEEAMAAwADAANgAuAGEAdQBzAHAAcgBkADAAMQAuAHAAcgBvAGQALgBvAHUAdABsAG8AbwBrAC4AYwBvAG0A]
Command 1 took 0.0534 seconds.
C: 2 AUTHENTICATE PLAIN [INITIAL CLIENT RESPONSE (xxxxxxxxxxxx)]
Command 2 took 1.621 seconds.
Command 3 took 0.2245 seconds.
Command 4 took 0.2619 seconds.
C: 5 STATUS INBOX (MESSAGES UIDNEXT UIDVALIDITY)
S: 5 OK STATUS completed.
Command 5 took 0.2252 seconds.
C: 6 STATUS INBOX (MESSAGES UIDNEXT UIDVALIDITY)
Command 6 took 0.226 seconds.
C: 7 EXAMINE INBOX
S: 7 OK [READ-ONLY] EXAMINE completed.
Command 7 took 0.2676 seconds.
CACHE: Retrieved messages (HICenv,HICdate,HICdg [INBOX; 13243,13277,13284])
C: 8 UID FETCH 13243,13277,13284 (FLAGS)
S: * 1864 FETCH (FLAGS (\Seen) UID 13243)
S: * 1866 FETCH (FLAGS (\Seen) UID 13277)
Command 8 took 0.4372 seconds.
C: 9 UID SEARCH UID 13284,13277,13243
S: * SEARCH 13243 13277 13284
S: 9 OK SEARCH completed.
Command 9 took 0.2243 seconds.
C: 10 LOGOUT
S: 10 OK LOGOUT completed.
Command 10 took 0.2237 seconds.

Mon, 31 Aug 2020 18:06:58 +0000
Server connection took 0.1598 seconds.
S: * OK The Microsoft Exchange IMAP4 service is ready. [UwBZADIAUABSADAAMQBDAEEAMAAwADEANAAuAGEAdQBzAHAAcgBkADAAMQAuAHAAcgBvAGQALgBvAHUAdABsAG8AbwBrAC4AYwBvAG0A]
Command 1 took 0.0529 seconds.
C: 2 AUTHENTICATE PLAIN [INITIAL CLIENT RESPONSE (username: xxxxxxxxx)]
Command 2 took 1.616 seconds.
Command 3 took 0.2311 seconds.
Command 4 took 0.2815 seconds.
Command 5 took 0.2245 seconds.
Command 6 took 0.2247 seconds.
C: 7 LOGOUT
S: 7 OK LOGOUT completed.
Command 7 took 0.2225 seconds.

Mon, 31 Aug 2020 18:07:02 +0000
Server connection took 0.1636 seconds.
S: * OK The Microsoft Exchange IMAP4 service is ready. [UwBZADIAUABSADAAMQBDAEEAMAAwADEAMAAuAGEAdQBzAHAAcgBkADAAMQAuAHAAcgBvAGQALgBvAHUAdABsAG8AbwBrAC4AYwBvAG0A]
Command 1 took 0.049 seconds.
C: 2 AUTHENTICATE PLAIN [INITIAL CLIENT RESPONSE (username: xxxxxxxxx]
Command 2 took 1.6311 seconds.
Command 3 took 0.2237 seconds.
Command 4 took 0.2744 seconds.
Command 5 took 0.2277 seconds.
Command 6 took 0.2262 seconds.
C: 7 EXAMINE INBOX

Your server is just unable to make an outgoing connection.

Fix your setup and Mail will work. This is not an issue of our code but due to misconfiguration.