XMPP Chat + Nextcloud Talk

Is it possible to combine the xmpp chat with nextcloud talk? This way you would always have the chats in Netxtcloud Talk in view.

2 Likes

AFAIK that is on the roadmap for Talk but not yet implemented. But I am really looking forward to that feature too.

3 Likes

This is indeed true.

You can use the current mobile Talk client too.

I agree it would make sense to have these intergrated or at least working together, I have some Ansible roles to install and configure Coturn and Prosody and was wondering if I could add the Coturn configuration details to the XMPP chat config, specifically these fields:

still a feature request, isn’t it?

1 Like

After testing Talk, I wonder why they started from scratch instead of implementing XMPP instead.
I personally think that Talk is far away from prime time, but still better than the nextcloud official email client :smiley:

Anyhow, is there a timeline for making talk more xmpp compatible or whatsoever, especially after Federation is a very often used buzzword in combination with nextcloud?

3 Likes

Any progress on this yet? Personally XMPP, and many of the XMPP clients, already have everything I would like in talk… except Nextcloud integration.

Does anyone know a github issue that could be watched/ added to?

Matterbridge allows you to bridge Talk and XMPP chats. You can install it from the appstore.