Workflow gets executed after 8 minutes... speed that up?

Hey everyone. I managed to create a ruleset that automatically tags all files in a specific folder with the tag “PDF”. The a second rule gets executed and these files are converted to pdf using the “automatic pdf conversion” app with libreoffice.

First i thought it just wouldn’t work. After a while i found out, that it just takes quite a long time for the workflows to be actually run.

I checked: Usually it takes around 8 minutes for the new pdfs to appear.

Is there any way to decrease this time? Is this bound to the cron job? Would it be safe to set the cron job to one Minute for example?

I want to use nextcloud as a safe place to convert word documents sent by our clients into pdfs without risking our employee’s windows PCs…

Thanks in advance!

How does the Nextcloud cron job looks like on your server? Please post the setting here.

*/10  *  *  *  * php -f /var/www/nextcloud/cron.php

It was ten Minutes. I changed it to

*/3  *  *  *  * php -f /var/www/nextcloud/cron.php

In NC’s settings it shows a green dot with the background jobs setting indicating, everything is fine.

Changing cron’s time setting has definitely sped it up. But still my impression is, that sometimes it takes at lot longer. This morning i copied a file into my specific folder and it took it more than 20 minutes to activate the workflow.

Ok, the default setting is to run a job every 5 minutes. Depending on the number of pending jobs on the server, it would be possible that it last longer until a job is executed. You should find more detailed information about the triggered event in the Nextcloud server log file. I don’t think that a way exists to speed this process up.

Thanks mate.