With Group Folders is it possible to see a list of all who has access?

I have tried out Group Folders, seems like an awesome feature.

My main issue with group folders is that it seem very easy to accidentally giving the wrong people access to a folder.

If I set up a group folder, lets say I add the Groups:
Sales, Legal and Board

I want only Board and Legal to access some folders, for example with employment contracts. So I press the Share button of Employment Contracts subfolder and I want to make sure only Legal and Board will have access. I then add Board and Legal and give them full access to this folder.
Now I realise I also need to add the Sales group and Deny it access, fair enough but here is the problem, this is too complex, if I forget about the Sales group they will have full access and I will not even see them in the list. Also if I add another User Group to the group folder in the future it will immediately have full access to these restricted folders until I add them to the subfolder and deny access.

Am I thinking about this wrong? is there another way?

I actually filed an enhancement request at github but realize I should probably have asked here first

Kind regards
Jens

1 Like

Hello. Nothing new ?

I have the same needs.

People accessing a folder should see who has also access to it through the Group folder.
If not, they share the folder again with one of their colleague and then its colleague has the same folder twice in its view.