Windows Sync Icon on Taskbar issue

I remember I had this issue with the Owncloud sync client as well. If you right click on the Nextcloud’s Icon on the taskbar, it will open it’s menu the wrong way (instead of going up, it goes down) which covers the options as it goes off the screen. Here is an example,

Options covered up by screen

As you can see, this is my first post and I’ve just switched from Owncloud to Nextcloud today, if this is not the correct place to report this issue, please tell me where is.

Thanks!

Best way to get this fixed: Use the owncloud client (also compatible with Nextcloud servers) and report it to the original bugtracker: https://github.com/owncloud/client/issues

Nextcloud only applies a theme to the client. The error must be reproducible on the original oc client to make sure it is not a bug related to theming.

Just wondering, does this mean that Nextcloud isn’t updating the windows sync client themselves?

The Nextcloud client will also be updated like ownCloud’s client. But there are no independent features right now. The backside is that errors need to be reproduced on ownCloud setups. I don’t know any details of the future planning. With an enterprise subscription, they can probably guarantee a certain update cycle.