Windows 10 error code: 0x80070780 on write

Hello,

I’m getting error 0x80070780 in Windows 10 when trying to write files on mounted webDAV share in Windows Explorer.

Nextcloud log contains multiple errors: “Error: filesize(): stat failed for /var/ncdata/ …”

My research tells me that this is an permissions problem in my Nextcloud data folder, but I’ve checked it and i’ts all good.

I keep Nextcloud data folder outside my Nextcloud install directory (var/ncdata), I’ve checked and applied: chown -R www-data:www-data and set my permissions to 750 for folders and 640 for files within /var/ncdata, and this problem is still unsolved.

Everything else works fine, Nextcloud writes to that dir via Windows client and from web interface, the problem is contained to webdav in Windows 10.

Nextcloud version: 20.0.8
Server: Ubuntu 20.04 LTS
PHP: 7.4
HTTP: APACHE2

What now ? Any ideas, suggestions ?

Is any other webdav client working?

Ok, so I have tried another windows 10 Pro machine and it still throws 0x80070780 at me but at the same time WebDAV trough WinSCP works just fine (tested on large file sample). It seems that only native Windows 10 webdav client causes this error.

From what I’ve noticed this problem is not consistent, file transfer completes for one file and any other file after that throws 0x80070780 in Windows 10 WebDAV native client.

What’s next ? :slight_smile: Bug report on github ?

PS. tried to set different registry values in Windows 10 based on this: Accessing Nextcloud Files Using WebDAV — Nextcloud 10 User Manual 10 documentation with no success.

First search for already existing issues before filing a new one, please.

Hello Community,

I’m reaching out to see if you have any updates on this issue.

I’m having the same exact issue and I just opened a support case with Microsoft Support in order to have a deeper look at the issue and perform root cause analysis on their side.

It would be great if someone from Nextcloud Community could kindly work with me during the time I will be working on the support case with Microsoft Support.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Massimiliano