Windows 10 client always crashes after some time

I’m running my server as a docker on an unraid box. My android client works fine, but my windows 10 client will always crash at some point for an unknown reason. If I launch the client again, it will sync fine, stay running for up to 24 hours, then suddenly crash. Normally I’m not even on the PC when it happens.

I checked event viewer, and it shows the crash but cannot give a reason. I’m running 3.0.2. This was not happening on older versions, but not sure what version it started happening on. Pretty sure it was one of the 3.0.x ones though. Not using any proxy or any custom settings, pretty straight forward and standard install sharing a few folders with the server and that’s all.

Here’s the info from event viewer:

Faulting application name: nextcloud.exe, version: 3.0.2.15836, time stamp: 0x5f6c9b24
Faulting module name: ocsync.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5f6c9992
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000017900
Faulting process id: 0x3180
Faulting application start time: 0x01d6bba1a7c13c19
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Nextcloud\nextcloud.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Nextcloud\ocsync.dll
Report Id: 2fdd0ff1-c6e8-4330-8e75-bd8de160440f
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

So each time I want it to sync, I have to restart the client.

I think that is something that can directly go on the bugtracker Issues · nextcloud/desktop · GitHub

and start your client with logging enabled next time, so you get some additional logs: https://docs.nextcloud.com/desktop/3.0/troubleshooting.html#saving-files-directly

There was also a similar issue with previous versions where two config folders were on the system (but it failed directly at start):

1 Like