Which missing apps and features do you want in Nextcloud?

Chat Notifications Popup or Drop down from Profile Area = HOMERUN!

From users on my Nextcloud, this is the most desirable. The red marker on the bell is not enough of an indicator to be noticed when one has a Talk/IM message.

3 Likes

Being able to use the chat on any page of the web-app ala Facebook would be a big step forward for productivity.

2 Likes

What about opening Talk in another Tab/Window?

Add tag synchronization across the different operating systems.

When tagging on MacBook, I want to be able to see the same tags on my Linux system

1 Like

Is

Forgot password? If so I was just looking for a way to remove that or change the URL to a email

2 posts were split to a new topic: Tag synchronization across the different operating systems

Integrate or prepare Nextcloud with Solid.

https://solidproject.org/

1 Like

I’m still mystified as to how Solid works, using a pod based system for everything. Developers will need to provide some good working examples first. I’m on Tim’s newsletter, but not much technical nor development movement at present.

Great Job on Nextcloud guys, it’s truely amazing.
Some features I’d love to see are:

1. Card Covers for Deck, they already exist on the mobile app but they’re not available for desktop
  2. RTL support for Notes, or the ability to align text in the text editor, maybe export to pdf?
  3. Timer for Time Tracker instead of manual input would be amazing
  4. A way to restore the template folder because once deleted after first creation, there’s no way to bring it back

Thank you for all the amazing effort that you’ve put in this platform. it truly is a one for all solution.

1 Like

It’d be great to keep clearer track of what does work, does not work, and is being roadmapped as a part of Nextcloud release announcements. For years the only method available is to painstakingly test every bit as it appears in order to know whether it is useful or makes sense to use. I do wish this would change in order to help those of us actively bug testing new releases. Hopefully this spurs some interesting discussion.

Thinking of:

1 Like

This is a consolidation of various share requests across the thread.

5 Likes

And multiple talk instances for a single account. For example it is not possible to connect to the same call with the phone app and the browser

1 Like

For Organizations:
An organization view, A chart to show the organization, show who is manager of whom.

Why not doing a presentation and store it inside your NC?

All clients and applications are missing a key feature that used to be part of owncloud. This feature was called “delete unused local copies”. There was a sliding bar that let you determine how long a file was kept locally on your device. Without this feature the app becomes nearly impossible to use on my phone because the files add up so quickly and finding them all to remove them from my phones memory is very painful. Could you add this feature to the nextcloud apps?

2 Likes

Oauth for smtp :slight_smile:

Amazing idea with a foldertree. As a newcomer this is the feature I have been looking for since my first glance at this otherwise great product :slightly_smiling_face:

BR
Kim

What do you mean with “All clients”? Please add some details.

iPhone app and android app and windows Nextcloud client are the primary clients I use. I guess the apps aren’t clients. Sorry to be confusing. The feature existed in the ownCloud iPhone and android apps but not in the ownCloud windows client. When I started searching for a personal and personal company database I first found ownCloud so I tried it and loved it aside from the fact it had no support. I have since moved to Nextcloud and enjoyed it even more now except for this one feature that has really been a drag on my phone recently.

Thanks for following up. Another reason why I really love Nextcloud.

1 Like

I would like to see a Nextcloud-instance Migrating App.
I created an Issue on github for that Idea.

I would like to see some Thumbs-up for this Idea.

2 Likes