Where is DocumentRoot

Hello,

Iā€™ve installed nextcloud on Ubuntu 18.04 server using the snap package but the doc says that all I have to do is to create a virtual host with the following content:

Alias /nextcloud "/var/www/nextcloud/"

<Directory /var/www/nextcloud/>
  Options +FollowSymlinks
  AllowOverride All

<IfModule mod_dav.c>
  Dav off
 </IfModule>

SetEnv HOME /var/www/nextcloud
 SetEnv HTTP_HOME /var/www/nextcloud

</Directory>

Well, I never encountered such kind of vhost config and the fact is that nextclud is not in /var/www/nextcloud.

and the SetEnv HOME /var/www/nextcloud statement disturbes me a bit.

What do I have to do?

Nextcloud version (17.0.2):
Operating system and version (Ubuntu 18.04):
Apache or nginx version (Apache 2.4.25):
PHP version (7.1):

Then you have to set it to the location where you installed it instead. This is just a model that supposes that you have installed nextcloud in /var/www/nextcloud.

@tflidd, yes certainly the problem is that I donā€™t know where snap install nextcloud install it.

Starting point:

brute force: find / -name occ

there is nothing about a vhost in your linked doc:

depends on your problem.

Yes that is one of the problem. The doc talks about snap installation or manual installation, but I donā€™t really see how to access nextcloud in case of snap install. I suppose I have to config apache2 to get access but in case of package install, the config is not clear to me.

thatā€™s an exclusive or in the context of that web page.

the snap doc is here: https://github.com/nextcloud/nextcloud-snap

if you canā€™t reach nextcloud via http://fqdn-or-ip-address-of-your-server/ something went wrong. but that canā€™t be fixed with the ā€œmanual installationā€ part.

Youā€™re mixing two different parts of the docs. The snap install is self-contained-- you donā€™t need to configure Apache, and in fact you shouldnā€™t even have apache installed or it will claim port 80 and the snap wonā€™t be able to. Either uninstall Apache or configure Apache or the snap to listen on another port.

Yes but in fact Iā€™ve reinstalled everything with snap.
Now by problem is this one.

Thanks