Where does nextcloud keep deleted/previous versions

Nextcloud version (eg, 10.0.2):12.0.3
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 16.04): Raspbian GNU/Linux 8 (jessie)
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): 2.4.10
PHP version (eg, 5.6): 7.0.19-1
Data stored on a mount of a QNAP NAS Share.

I’m looking at the QNAP share and there is a @Recycle bin with 300+GB of data in it. It is at the same hierarchical level as the nextcloud user folders/nextcloud.log file. (My largest user uses about 150GB files) Is that where nextcloud is storing deleted and previous versions - or can I safely empty the recycle bin?

Thanks

David

The usual trashbin should be found within the separate user directories beside the versions folder (if that is used). I don’t know where deleted files of global shares (this new kind of nextcloud wide shared folder, controlled by admin, will be moved to. But otherwise Nextcloud uses the apps_data (? something linke that) directory to store not user specific files well sorted inside.
( Sorry no server access right now to check exact folder names, will edit later inside).

So the folder you mention indeed souds like not created by Nextcloud itself and therefore should not cause problems on removal. But as always carefully check content, do backup/first just move it out, instead of directly remove it and see if anyone faces issues.