Where can I find the web installer script?

Hello,
I noticed that the page at https://nextcloud.com/install/#instructions-server has changed since my last visit.
Now I cannot find the web installer script anymore.

Clicking on WEB INSTALLER opens an accordion, and there is a bullet point " * Right-click here and save the file to your computer" but there is nothing to click there…

Thanks
Lorenzo

Maybe this is a bug due to the new website of Nextcloud.

Please see ✨ new website - feedback welcome!

There seems to be nothing to click and the link to the admin documentation does not help.

• A hyperlink directly to the web installer is needed.
Web Installer

The Web Installer is the easiest way to install Nextcloud on a web space. It checks the dependencies, downloads Nextcloud from the official server, unpacks it with the right permissions and the right user account. Finally, you will be redirected to the Nextcloud installer.

Right-click here and save the file to your computer
    Upload setup-nextcloud.php to your web space
    Point your web browser to setup-nextcloud.php on your webspace
    Follow the instructions and configure Nextcloud
    Login to your newly created Nextcloud instance!

You can find further instructions in the Nextcloud Admin Manual.

Note:

Installer uses the same Nextcloud version as available for the built in updater in Nextcloud. After a major release it can take up to a month before it becomes available through the web installer and the updater. This is done to spread the deployment of new major releases out over time.

@lorenzosecur
Perhaps you can use this link.

GitHub - nextcloud/web-installer: 💊 The web installer for Nextcloud

I do not recommend using the web installer. Nextcloud is not very suitable to run on a web space. This will lead to trouble sooner or later. Can you post details to your Nextcloud instance? Perhaps you can better use a Managed Nextcloud (from e.g. another hoster). You can get it for free (single user instance).

Web installer works completely fine, we have been using it for years without a glitch.

Link on the website is missing, that is all.

1 Like

https://download.nextcloud.com/server/installer/setup-nextcloud.php

The hyperlink seems to have broken in the new version, but that’s the link that was provided on the old site. Found it via Wayback Machine.

The GitHub repo also works but thought I’d share the direct link that should be there.

1 Like

Thanks @tomchilvers
The script you linked runs fine.

It seems like the accordion element might be causing some confusion.

…or maybe it actually didn’t work 2 years ago when this thread was started. :wink:

You find the setup-nextcloud.php also here at GitHub. The GitHub version was updated 10 months ago. The other version (link above) is from 2021-11-30 look here. The PHP-requirements have been changed. If you use versions between PHP 7.3 and < PHP 8.0 you do not get in the old version the error that you need PHP 8.0.0 or higher. I don’t know if that’s a bad thing. Nevertheless, perhaps the file could be updated.

// do we have PHP 7.3.0 or newer?
		if(version_compare(PHP_VERSION, '7.3.0', '<')) {
			$error.='PHP 7.3.0 is required. Please ask your server administrator to update PHP to version 7.3.0 or higher.<br/>';
		}

if(version_compare(PHP_VERSION, '8.0.0', '<')) {
			$error.='PHP 8.0.0 is required. Please ask your server administrator to update PHP to version 8.0.0 or higher.<br/>';
		}

I have tried the installer on my web space and it works without any problems. If you also use SQLite, the installation and backup is very easy. SQLite is well suited for testing. In production perhaps only for one user.

Thank for sharing the link.

This topic was automatically closed after 23 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.