What LDAP backend are you using with NextCloud?

What LDAP back end are you using with NextCloud? Any open source products? How well is it working for you?

What is NextOffice?

Haha well that’s embarassing. I’d been reading about OnlyOffice when I wrote that so I accidentally mashed them together. :slight_smile:

I have a couple deployments using Active Directory that haven’t given me any trouble. I did find out the hard way that you want to use sAMAccountName instead of the GUID for the accounts.

I played around with one using Zentyal in a test setup at one point and had it not only providing accounts but also email.

I’ve been meaning to sit down with Apache Directory to see if I can make that work.

Hey @KarlF12. I’m definitely no expert in LDAP. I’ve setup a test openldap docker container for another project called authelia with a few “test” users inside of openldap. I’m aware with that project at least the users can be authenticated. The biggest part for me to resolve was how to query the username from the database — the syntax was difficult. Are you aware how I could test this ldap configuration with nextcloud?

If authelia is LDAP standards compliant, it should work with any of the tutorials out there. What specific step are you stuck on?

OpenLDAP for home and Active Directory for company setup.

CERN is using FreeIPA in its Microsoft Alternative (MALT) project (I have’n used it).

I have a (small, test) setup similar to this where LDAP is provided by Kolab
https://www.privacyidea.org/versatile-2fa-single-sign-on-with-keycloak-and-privacyidea/