Here is my context :
- My Nextcloud install is up and running on a Ubuntu 18.04 (installed by “Snap”, as recommended for this OS)
- I’m the only user on my PC.
I would like to :
- sync a “Notes” subfolder of my Home folder with my Android smartphone (I don’t need to do it “over internet”, I will only sync when both my smartphone and PC are on the same local network). In this folder there are *.txt documents. (I already spotted the official NextCloud Notes app for Android which seems perfect)
I don’t want to :
- move or duplicate my data (It’s perfectly sorted in my Home folder) Of course it will be duplicate once on my smartphone.
- open security breaches by messing with Home folder permissions
If possible I would like to keep my Nextcloud install as generic/standard as possible. (No deep modifications of obscure parameters files)
So what’s the recommended use case scenario for me ? Is Nextcloud useful for me ? If yes, how can I configure it ?
Thanks for your feedback !