Webhosting-Update fails from 12.05 to 13

Hi everybody,

I try to update my Nextcloud 12.05 to 13. It is installed in an webhosting environment.

The web-based udater ran successful up to last step “keep maintenace mode ative?”.

I selected: “No (for usage of the web updater)”, then I tried to restart my nextcloud instance which failed with an HTTP-Error 500

I already tried to run “occ update” via a putty session, which helped to fix problem in former times, but this times it did not work - it just did not start although changed the user rights.

I also tried to fix it by changing the PHP-Version from 7.0 to 7.1 and 5.6.

In the apache-error.log there is the following error:

In the
PHP Fatal error: Declaration of OCA\FilesAccessControl\StorageWrapper::copyFromStorage(OCP\Files\Storage $sourceStorage, $sourceInternalPath, $targetInternalPath) must be compatible with OCP\Files\Storage::copyFromStorage(OCP\Files\Storage\IStorage $sourceStorage, $sourceInternalPath, $targetInternalPath) in /home/www/datentausch/apps/files_accesscontrol/lib/StorageWrapper.php on line 628

I’d appreciate any help to fix it.

Great thanks for your help,

Henk

FIXED and solved.

General Tip: before you start the update proccess also deactivate all apps which are not absolutely neccessary to run your installation.

Allright that might be why it crashed for me, I followed the exact same steps.
How did you fixed your issue ?

Sorry for delayed answer.

And I can’t give you any warranty, I just share my experiences.

What you need to know: There are some apps which are necessary to run nextcloud. I’ll give some hints later - I don’t have access to my pc/installation now.

Simply access to your Installation with an ftp-client.

Save the hole apps-folder to an backup folder to your local pc

delete all apps on your server except the absolute necessary apps

Call your nextcloud-URL in your Webbrowser: Your installation should be alive again and should be able to proceed update. run it.

When update is run successfully, start your ftp-client again.

copy all the apps back to your installation folder

call your nextcloud-URL in your webbrowser - it will request to update some apps. run these update which will take some minutes.

After this your installation should be alive again and be updated to nc13