Webfinger nodeinfo caldav carddav aren't properly set up for my server

Support intro

Sorry to hear you’re facing problems :slightly_frowning_face:

help.nextcloud.com is for home/non-enterprise users. If you’re running a business, paid support can be accessed via portal.nextcloud.com where we can ensure your business keeps running smoothly.

In order to help you as quickly as possible, before clicking Create Topic please provide as much of the below as you can. Feel free to use a pastebin service for logs, otherwise either indent short log examples with four spaces:

example

Or for longer, use three backticks above and below the code snippet:

longer
example
here

Some or all of the below information will be requested if it isn’t supplied; for fastest response please provide as much as you can :heart:

Nextcloud version (eg, 20.0.5): 25.0.4
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 20.04): Ubuntu 22.04.2 LTS
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): apache2 2.4.52-lubuntu4.3
PHP version (eg, 7.4): 8.1.2-lubuntu2.10

The issue you are facing:
Your web server is not properly set up to resolve: webfinger, nodeinfo, caldav, carddav

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? (Y/N): N

Steps to replicate it:

1. This is a manual installation from scratch on Ubuntu server (no docker or snap used).
  2. I followed the directions for the example Ubuntu server install provided by Nextcloud.
  3. I’ve set up Nextcloud servers many times, but this always seems to be an issue.
  4. No reverse proxy is being used.
  5. Nextcloud is at /var/www/nextcloud and the url is https://here.domain.example

One immediate question I have, please excuse my ignorance, is the rewrite rules in .htaccess are like RewriteRule ^/.well-known/carddav /remote.php/dav [R=301,L]
But, I don’t have a /remote.php/dav folder, just the remote.php file in /var/www/nextcloud/
I know that sounds like an elementary question, but I’m not sure what’s going on with that.
Same question for: RewriteRule ^/.well-known/webfinger /index.php/.well-known/webfinger [R=301,L]
There isn’t a .well-known directory.

I’m hoping I just forgot to install a package or something. (No other WebDav/CalDav/etc. packages are installed on the system; only what comes with Nextcloud as I read that Nextcloud comes with its own of these.)

I’m going by this documentation which essentially says the .htaccess file shipped with Nextcloud should do it for me.
https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/25/admin_manual/issues/general_troubleshooting.html#service-discovery