WebDav, weather and upgrade error

Hi,

some days I have a problem with NC, i can’t sync with WebDav (seems it is damaged)
same error with weather plugin
if I try to upgrade to v26 error:

Check for write permissions

The following places can not be written to:
/var/www/vhosts/cloud.site.com/updater/…/.htaccess

Nextcloud version: 25.0.5
Operating system and version: Plesk on CentOS 7
Apache or nginx version: nginx 1.20.2.1-2.centos.7+p18.0.51.1+t230404.1037
PHP version: 8.1.17

i try with occ repair, change php version, nothing works

hope someone can help me
tia

It is strange with the weather app, how is this related? If you disable the weather app, you still have the problem I suppose?

Can you check the logfiles? If it can’t be written, there can be missing permissions or the storage is full/not available (network storage).

1 Like

Hi tflidd,

The weather app is unrelated, i just notice the error when opening the window. Disabling it doesn’t change anything.

Here the error in the log:

Errore	PHP	Error: is_dir(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/opt/bin) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/vhosts/site.com/:/tmp/) at /var/www/vhosts/site.com/cloud.site.com/3rdparty/symfony/process/ExecutableFinder.php#58
<<closure>>

OC\Log\ErrorHandler::onAll()

/var/www/vhosts/site.com/cloud.site.com/3rdparty/symfony/process/ExecutableFinder.php - line 58:

is_dir()

/var/www/vhosts/site.com/cloud.site.com/lib/private/BinaryFinder.php - line 55:

Symfony\Component\Process\ExecutableFinder->find()

/var/www/vhosts/site.com/cloud.site.com/lib/private/PreviewManager.php - line 397:

OC\BinaryFinder->findBinaryPath()

/var/www/vhosts/site.com/cloud.site.com/lib/private/PreviewManager.php - line 131:

OC\PreviewManager->registerCoreProviders()

/var/www/vhosts/site.com/cloud.site.com/apps/viewer/lib/Listener/LoadViewerScript.php - line 55:

OC\PreviewManager->getProviders()

/var/www/vhosts/site.com/cloud.site.com/lib/private/EventDispatcher/ServiceEventListener.php - line 87:

OCA\Viewer\Listener\LoadViewerScript->handle()

/var/www/vhosts/site.com/cloud.site.com/3rdparty/symfony/event-dispatcher/EventDispatcher.php - line 251:

OC\EventDispatcher\ServiceEventListener->__invoke()

/var/www/vhosts/site.com/cloud.site.com/3rdparty/symfony/event-dispatcher/EventDispatcher.php - line 73:

Symfony\Component\EventDispatcher\EventDispatcher->callListeners()

/var/www/vhosts/site.com/cloud.site.com/lib/private/EventDispatcher/EventDispatcher.php - line 88:

Symfony\Component\EventDispatcher\EventDispatcher->dispatch()

/var/www/vhosts/site.com/cloud.site.com/lib/private/EventDispatcher/EventDispatcher.php - line 100:

OC\EventDispatcher\EventDispatcher->dispatch()

/var/www/vhosts/site.com/cloud.site.com/apps/dashboard/lib/Controller/DashboardController.php - line 87:

OC\EventDispatcher\EventDispatcher->dispatchTyped()

/var/www/vhosts/site.com/cloud.site.com/lib/private/AppFramework/Http/Dispatcher.php - line 225:

OCA\Dashboard\Controller\DashboardController->index()

/var/www/vhosts/site.com/cloud.site.com/lib/private/AppFramework/Http/Dispatcher.php - line 133:

OC\AppFramework\Http\Dispatcher->executeController()

/var/www/vhosts/site.com/cloud.site.com/lib/private/AppFramework/App.php - line 172:

OC\AppFramework\Http\Dispatcher->dispatch()

/var/www/vhosts/site.com/cloud.site.com/lib/private/Route/Router.php - line 298:

OC\AppFramework\App::main()

/var/www/vhosts/site.com/cloud.site.com/lib/base.php - line 1047:

OC\Route\Router->match()

/var/www/vhosts/site.com/cloud.site.com/index.php - line 36:

OC::handleRequest()

Here other error in admin overview after last update to 25.0.5

the first is the most important (the language is italian, i tried to change the language, but it gives me another error), WebDAV interface seems to be broken

Sono presenti degli errori relativi alla tua configurazione.
Il tuo server web non è configurato correttamente per consentire la sincronizzazione dei file, poiché l'interfaccia WebDAV sembra essere danneggiata.
Alcuni file non hanno superato il controllo di integrità. Ulteriori informazioni su come risolvere questo problema sono disponibili nella nostra documentazione ↗. (Elenco dei file non validi… / Nuova scansione…)
Il tuo server web non è configurato correttamente per risolvere "/.well-known/caldav". Ulteriori informazioni sono disponibili nella nostra documentazione ↗.
Il tuo server web non è configurato correttamente per risolvere "/.well-known/carddav". Ulteriori informazioni sono disponibili nella nostra documentazione ↗.
Non è stata configurata alcuna cache di memoria. Per migliorare le prestazioni configura memcache, se disponibile. Ulteriori informazioni sono disponibili nella nostra documentazione ↗.
Il modulo PHP OPcache non è configurato correttamente. Controlla la documentazione ↗ per maggiori informazioni.
The OPcache interned strings buffer is nearly full. To assure that repeating strings can be effectively cached, it is recommended to apply opcache.interned_strings_buffer to your PHP configuration with a value higher than 8.

Avviso settings Controller OCA\Settings\Controller\CheckSetupController::check executed 3932 queries.

hope it helps

That feature is responsible for this log entry. Not sure if that is linked to your upload as well, if it blocks the updater folder? This part often uses binaries that are used in the server-monitor app that shows the usage of system components.

And what’s strange, you probably didn’t change this setting recently. So the question is what has changed since it isn’t working any more. Any updates on the system, configuration, …?

1 Like

Php version, i think it’s the only change. From 7 to 8. Could be?

The problem remains, however, if I go back to 7.

O - M - G
O - M - G
O - M - G

I’m an idiot.

I don’t know why, surely I changed it by mistake or to try, or because it inherited it from the main domain settings (NextCloud is on a subdomain of a domain I use for customer drafts). Bottom line, I inadvertently had Apache run php as an FPM application and not nginx.
Taking it back to nginx it started working again.

Now remains errors in admin overview, but I think I can fix. I hope.

when I try to upgrade, again:

Check for write permissions
The following places can not be written to:
/var/www/vhosts/site.com/cloud.site.com/updater/../.htaccess

log

Errore	PHP	Error: is_dir(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/opt/bin) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/vhosts/site.com/:/tmp/) at /var/www/vhosts/site.com/cloud.site.com/3rdparty/symfony/process/ExecutableFinder.php#58
<<closure>>

OC\Log\ErrorHandler::onAll()

/var/www/vhosts/site.com/cloud.site.com/3rdparty/symfony/process/ExecutableFinder.php - line 58:

is_dir()

/var/www/vhosts/site.com/cloud.site.com/lib/private/BinaryFinder.php - line 55:

Symfony\Component\Process\ExecutableFinder->find()

/var/www/vhosts/site.com/cloud.site.com/lib/private/PreviewManager.php - line 397:

OC\BinaryFinder->findBinaryPath()

/var/www/vhosts/site.com/cloud.site.com/lib/private/PreviewManager.php - line 239:

OC\PreviewManager->registerCoreProviders()

/var/www/vhosts/site.com/cloud.site.com/apps/dav/lib/Connector/Sabre/FilesPlugin.php - line 353:

OC\PreviewManager->isAvailable()

/var/www/vhosts/site.com/cloud.site.com/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/PropFind.php - line 95:

OCA\DAV\Connector\Sabre\FilesPlugin->OCA\DAV\Connector\Sabre\{closure}("*** sensiti ... *")

/var/www/vhosts/site.com/cloud.site.com/apps/dav/lib/Connector/Sabre/FilesPlugin.php - line 354:

Sabre\DAV\PropFind->handle()

/var/www/vhosts/site.com/cloud.site.com/3rdparty/sabre/event/lib/WildcardEmitterTrait.php - line 89:

OCA\DAV\Connector\Sabre\FilesPlugin->handleGetProperties()

/var/www/vhosts/site.com/cloud.site.com/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php - line 1052:

Sabre\DAV\Server->emit()

/var/www/vhosts/site.com/cloud.site.com/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php - line 984:

Sabre\DAV\Server->getPropertiesByNode()

/var/www/vhosts/site.com/cloud.site.com/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php - line 1662:

Sabre\DAV\Server->getPropertiesIteratorForPath()

/var/www/vhosts/site.com/cloud.site.com/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php - line 1647:

Sabre\DAV\Server->writeMultiStatus()

/var/www/vhosts/site.com/cloud.site.com/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/CorePlugin.php - line 346:

Sabre\DAV\Server->generateMultiStatus()

/var/www/vhosts/site.com/cloud.site.com/3rdparty/sabre/event/lib/WildcardEmitterTrait.php - line 89:

Sabre\DAV\CorePlugin->httpPropFind()

/var/www/vhosts/site.com/cloud.site.com/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php - line 472:

Sabre\DAV\Server->emit()

/var/www/vhosts/site.com/cloud.site.com/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php - line 253:

Sabre\DAV\Server->invokeMethod()

/var/www/vhosts/site.com/cloud.site.com/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php - line 321:

Sabre\DAV\Server->start()

/var/www/vhosts/site.com/cloud.site.com/apps/dav/lib/Server.php - line 360:

Sabre\DAV\Server->exec()

/var/www/vhosts/site.com/cloud.site.com/apps/dav/appinfo/v2/remote.php - line 35:

OCA\DAV\Server->exec()

/var/www/vhosts/site.com/cloud.site.com/remote.php - line 171:

require_once("/var/www/vh ... p")

in Plesk, open_basedir : none

after, invalid hash in htaccess, redownloaded NC 25.0.5 from github, reuploaded and fixed
extra files (php-ini, php-version, etc). Deleted.

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
	RewriteEngine on
	RewriteRule ^/\.well-known/carddav /remote.php/dav [R=301,L]
	RewriteRule ^/\.well-known/caldav /remote.php/dav [R=301,L]
	RewriteRule ^/\.well-known/webfinger /index.php/.well-known/webfinger [R=301,L]
	RewriteRule ^/\.well-known/nodeinfo /index.php/.well-known/nodeinfo [R=301,L]
</IfModule>

fixed, updated and works almost fine :slight_smile: