Web UI slow on Chrome

Only on of my PCs on the Chrome browser the Web UI is slow and laggy. On Firefox it works just fine and on other PCs on the Chrome browser it does as well. Do you have any idea what this particular instance of Chrome does to slow the Web UI down? I would prefer not to revert everything to defaults or reinstall Chrome…

I don’t use Chrome, but conventional wisdom would be that a browser plugin is the most likely difference.

I think Chrome has a safe mode like other browsers where it loads without plugins. See if that resolves the issue.

I think Chrome has also a developer mode. Click F12 and then use network analysis. Maybe you find some hints for the time problem. Post differences to Mozilla Firefox.

Was having similar issue, enabling “Hardware Acceleration” in chrome resolved this for me. Hope it helps :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for the suggestion. Turning the hardware acceleration on fixed the issue for me.

I was having this issue for a long time and already accepted it as a fact, that Nextcloud UI is just slow and laggy… great to know it is not the case. This should be somehow detected and advised by the app itself. I guess there are more people having this issue and don’t know there is a solution, that is so simple.