Web authentication fails

Nextcloud version 11.0.2
Operating system and version: CentOS 6
Apache or nginx version: Apache 2.4
PHP version: 7.0.18
Is this the first time you’ve seen this error?: Y

Can you reliably replicate it? Yes, just login

The issue you are facing:

I installed Nextcloud last week first time on my own server. Uploaded some files, all good.
Today I wanted to login via web interface and failed. I click on Sign-in and nothing happens. I resetted the password via phpmyadmin, logged in with the new password from windows 10 desktop client (works before password change also), but web login failes again. Any idea?

Have a look in your bruteforcetable:

use phpmyadmin or the terminal:
DON’T FORGET TO MAKE A DATABASE BACKUP!

mysql
USE nextcloud;
SHOW tables;
SELECT * FROM oc_bruteforce_attempts;

Lists the bruteforce entries
For removing rows:

DELETE FROM oc_bruteforce_attempts WHERE IP=“nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn.”;
SELECT * FROM oc_bruteforce_attempts;
exit

1 Like

Thank you. I cleared all entrys in oc_bruteforce_attempts (there were some entries from my user stored). But login doesnt work unfortunatetly. Is there another possibility?
BR

Just openend nextcloud.log. It seems that I have two problems:

I have only this one user. Is there a quick solution for this?

a) {“reqId”:“xxx”,“remoteAddr”:“xxx”,“app”:“no app in context”,“message”:“Could not decrypt the private key from user “xx”” during login. Assume password change on the user back-end. Error message: Bad Signature",“level”:2,“time”:“2017-05-01T20:14:01+00:00”,“method”:“PROPFIND”,“url”:"/remote.php/webdav/",“user”:“xx”,“version”:“11.0.3.2”}

b) {“reqId”:“xxx”,“remoteAddr”:“xxx”,“app”:“PHP”,“message”:“session_write_close(): Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/var/lib/php/session) at /var/www/vhosts/xxx/xxx/lib/private/Session/Internal.php#104”,“level”:3,“time”:“2017-05-01T20:12:35+00:00”,“method”:“GET”,“url”:"/index.php/apps/gallery/config?extramediatypes=1",“user”:"–",“version”:“11.0.3.2”}

Hello, just to inform you, my customer’s log is filling Warning messages “Could not decrypt the private key from user “X” during login. Assume password change on the user back-end. Error message: Bad Signature”.

Thanks so much for the help! I reinstalled a few times and all of a sudden the client wouldn’t work. It would go through the motions and say that the account was connected but nothing.

After clearing out the bruteforce table, it authenticated properly and everything started working again.

I guess too many authentications caused my own laptop to get into that table.

1 Like