Warning. Missing imagick php PHP 7.3.2-3

Support intro

Sorry to hear you’re facing problems :slightly_frowning_face:

help.nextcloud.com is for home/non-enterprise users. If you’re running a business, paid support can be accessed via portal.nextcloud.com where we can ensure your business keeps running smoothly.

In order to help you as quickly as possible, before clicking Create Topic please provide as much of the below as you can. Feel free to use a pastebin service for logs, otherwise either indent short log examples with four spaces:

example

Or for longer, use three backticks above and below the code snippet:

longer
example
here

Some or all of the below information will be requested if it isn’t supplied; for fastest response please provide as much as you can :heart:

Nextcloud version (eg, 12.0.2): 15.0.5
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 17.04): Raspbian 9.8 Stretch
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): nginx 1.14.2
PHP version (eg, 7.1): 7.3.2-3

The issue you are facing:

Fresh install of nextcloud. I installed php like this:
apt install php7.3-fpm php7.3-gd php7.3-mysql php7.3-curl php7.3-xml php7.3-zip php7.3-intl php7.3-mbstring php7.3-json php7.3-bz2 php7.3-ldap php-apcu imagemagick php-imagick -y

Notice imagick is the last php module. The php installation completed without warnings or errors.

Then check Security & setup warnings in admin settings.

There are some warnings regarding your setup.

This instance is missing some recommended PHP modules. For improved performance and better compatibility it is highly recommended to install them.
imagick

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? (Y/N): Y

Steps to replicate it:

1. Fresh install of nextcloud.
  2. Check Security & setup warnings
  3. See the warning.

Make sure that you’re really using PHP 7.3 on your server by checking which the active PHP version is and which modules are loaded. If you would have searched the forum in advance you should have seen similar help requests where users haven’t activated the right PHP version.
See also Imagick missing - version php 7.3

I am trying to navigate to the phpinfo page I created, but no luck. Nextcloud redirects.

I created the phpinfo.php page and dropped it into the nextcloud root folder. I navigate to /phpinfo.php and it redirects so unable to view it. Any tips on how to do this would be appreciated. Thank you.

Hi,

for my FreeBSD setup the required Module is php73-pecl-imagick. You might want to try this one.

Dont forget to restart your php- and webserver-services.

Thanks, but it should work with php-imagick

Is there no package like php7.3-imagick? I think package php-imagick isn’t suitable to php7.3 packages.
Have you tried to search for imagick (apt-cache search imagick)?

That is correct and the reason why i recommended php73-pecl-imagick which works.

I followed Carsten’s guide for installation.
https://www.c-rieger.de/nextcloud-installation-guide-debian/
He is one super smart nextcloud pro and he suggest installing php like this:

apt install php7.3-fpm php7.3-gd php7.3-mysql php7.3-curl php7.3-xml php7.3-zip php7.3-intl php7.3-mbstring php7.3-json php7.3-bz2 php7.3-ldap php-apcu imagemagick php-imagick -y

and I installed just how he instructed without errors.

With all due respect, If it didn’t work with php 7.3, I trust he would know it and it would be properly reflected in his tutorial. Notice he just installs php-imagick with php7.3.

There might be a difference between the debian packages his guides refers to and the raspian packages you are using.

But you are right, i am not quiet as experienced and presume you might only accept a solution from Carsten Rieger himself anyway. Maybe you should contact him directly then.

I apologize if my previous comment was offensive. It wasn’t meant to be. I appreciate your trying to help. I am happy to get a solution from anybody on this issue. I think you may be correct in the difference in the packages. I have run into some other issues related to this when following his tutorial for Debian. I’m using the Debian one because it’s closest to Rasperian which is based on Debian Stretch, but may have some differences.