Voice notices into NC

Ciao - I would like to have the following feature.

Smartphones have voice recording apps where you can record small notifications, ideas, …

I would like to have a recorded notification into an NC app, like notes.

Any idea?

Thanks

You like to have the voice recording as audio file in your NC?

Or audio to text?

Here’e the Use Case:

I am on the road, train, etc an idea shot thru my head, I open my smartphone and speak the idea into an voice recording app, which generates the text and pass it into an NC notice app,

At an desktop pc I open this notice app and find all my ideas.

The audio to text must be provided 3rd party on the client device. Once that is completed it is just a matter of setting the files to save to your Nextcloud synced directories.

I don’t use but you can have audio notes with that app. Is not exactly what you want but is close, the files are saved as audio I think.

https://apps.nextcloud.com/apps/carnet

For the records:
The official mobile app of Nextcloud has audio recording.
But not speech to text IIRC.

Hi @rakekniven, feature only available on iOS, not on Android, right?

2 Likes

For Android I recommend F-Droid’s Simple Voice Recorder. Define Nextcloud filesystem for saving the audio files, it is very good. Not aware of any good, open source speech-to-txt so have none to recommend. :+1:

1 Like

Looks like you are right. My last android device went to death some month ago :sleepy:

Hi, the world has changed since September. Open AI has released the speech-to-text model whisper under MIT licence. It is a major step in speech recognition. It is a multi lingual model. I have tested it and it is a game changer.

I’m thinking about a MVP integration. What about implementing it at first as converter which it is accessible in the right click menu for audio files?

Next steps could be an automate feature to transcribe each file in a specific folder, then GUI.

The ultimate feature would be the coupling with an AI which does text summarys like BERT or GPT3

What do you think?

1 Like

Hi all,

I wrote an webapp which use vue, speech rocognation api and a upload to the nextcloud notes via webdav. It works like a charm. Maybe this suits for this topic?

If yes I need to talk with the client to open source that webapp.

Best

Michael

2 Likes

Link? No doubt we’d like to check it out.

I need to ask my client, because he paid for this web application. But in fact he see the benefit of open source stuff.

1 Like

would be cool! :slight_smile:

Sure, if it was available under a permissive license it could receive the same sort of testing and feedback other Nextcloud-related tooling benefits from. Thanks for considering (and congrats in case we never see it).

That’s the app many of NC users are waiting for.

Many thanks

Hi, I talked to my client we are going to open source this app. I think I am going to setup a repo in gitlab.com. Any concern?

1 Like

that should be fine! would be cool if you also upload the app to the app store (apps.nextcloud.com), here’s some documentation on that:
https://nextcloudappstore.readthedocs.io/en/latest/developer.html

Any news on this @Michi-one? I would definitely be interested in it!

Fantastique!

Please tell how to install and where do I get this app to my android.

Thx