View exact modification dates for files instead of relative dates on web client

Nextcloud version (eg, 20.0.5): 20.0.7
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 20.04): Ubuntu Server 20.04
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): Apache 2.4.41
PHP version (eg, 7.4): 7.4

The issue you are facing:

I’m accessing my NextCloud server through a web browser, and my files show relative modification dates instead of exact dates. I have files updated across multiple devices and would like to immediately see when the file was modified. Sometimes I modify the files multiple times per day, so “3 days ago” is an inconvenience when I need to know when it was updated those 3 days ago. I can’t find any settings to change this and would appreciate any pointers.

I found this was resolved on Android, but the web client still doesn’t have an option for this. Hovering my mouse over the item doesn’t show any pop-up with more details.

Thanks in advance!

2 Likes

I have the same Nextcloud version and also this problem.
My (bad) workaround: Use the Desktop Client and open the folder in the Windows explorer.

Otherwise it is impossible to see which of ~10 files has been changed at last. All show: 2 month ago.

Edit: The problem still exists in NC21

You can also see the exact time in mouseover popup for single file by hovering over the relative date field. However, the ability to display the exact times by default would be nice.

2 Likes

The problem still exist in NC25 thats crazy.

Hi there, first post for me. Is there a place where we can vote on features/change requests like this as end-users? Thanks in advance.