Verify uploads to prevent corrupt files

Hello!

I am using the auto-upload feature of the Nextcloud iOS app to upload my photos and videos when I am on wifi. It has happened a few times since I started to use Nextcloud a few years ago that some uploads fail. I guess they are retried. Just the other week I realized that some videos that was uploaded was corrupt on the server. The file manager claimed the file size was around 50 MB but the actual file size on the server was less than 10 MB and eventually the viewing (and download) failed. How can this be prevented?

Is there some kind of mechanism to verify that the uploaded file was correctly uploaded? (or should it be implemented?)
If an upload fail, an error message is shown for a short while. But for cases that I don’t look at the screen during the upload process, and preferably I would like the upload to just be done in the background without me caring about it, how about having an error log in the app so I occasionally can check for failed uploads? What do you think about that?
Or can I check somewhere in logs on the server (either Nextcloud logs or apache logs)?

Thank you for a great server software and apps!

Hans

For the records, I use NC 17.0.3, Ubuntu 18, Apache and ios app 2.25.9.2.