Verbindung zum Signaling-Server verloren. Es wird versucht diese wiederherzustellen

Sobald ich in meiner Nextcloud (Version 20.0.1 auf Debian 10) in Talk eine neue Unterhaltung erstelle und an dieser per Videoanruf teilnehme, erhalte ich jedes Mal nach ca. 60 Sekunden die Meldung:

Verbindung zum Signaling-Server verloren. Es wird versucht diese wiederherzustellen.

Vorformatierter Text Seltsamerweise ist es trotzdem möglich, die Videokonferenz zu führen.

In der Browser-Console (getestet in Chrome und dem neuen Edge) sind unmittelbar vor der Einblendung der Fehlermeldungen folgende fehlerhafte Ereignisse zu sehen:

GET https://nextcloud.XXX.de/ocs/v2.php/apps/spreed/api/v1/chat/ja74s3zc?lookIntoFuture=1&lastKnownMessageId=1023&includeLastKnown=0
Status 504
Datei xhr.js:184

GET https://nextcloud.rsarnstorf.de/ocs/v2.php/apps/spreed/api/v1/signaling/ja74s3zc
Status 504
Datei xhr.js:184

Als Signaling-Server habe ich sowohl die Standard-Nextcloud-Server als auch eine eigene Instanz von Spreed versucht. Die Fehlermeldungen sind bei beiden Varianten gleich.

504 means bad gateway. This is nothing Talk or Nextcloud does but your server.
Also as a note, while you might be able to continue the conference, you might miss out on new people that join the call, people sharing their screen, etc.

I have three quite vanilla Nextcloud-instances and the problem is an all three.
The only not-vanilla thing in my opinion: All three of them are running behind HAProxy for the ssl-connection. Maybe here lies the problem?

I found out that in my case it had to do with the haproxy-settings.
By default the server-timeout-setting of the opnsense-haproxy-plugin is set to 30s.
I set it to 40s, now there is no 504-Error anymore.

Is there a setting on the nextcloud-side that can influence these kind of timeout?
As there are a lot of admins using Nextcloud behind haproxy I think this is a quiet important information.

1 Like

Had the same Problem with that setup. The default retry interval to get chat messages in NCtalk seems to be 31sec :man_facepalming: . Reproducible with HA timeout back to 30 and shown in Browser-Console.