Various newbie questions

Hi! I’m considering using nextcloud for a file sharing website but have a few questions that I couldn’t seem to find answers for in the docs.

• Is there an app or feature to enable users to pay to upgrade their account and get more storage space?

• Are the desktop and mobile apps fully brandable?

• Is there a way to easily delete files hosted by another user, for example if a file breaches terms of service guidelines?

• I know there is a theming app but is it easy enough to take it further and put your own ‘skin’ on nextcloud by changing CSS etc?

Thanks in advance!

Hi, I can answer part of your question:

Very easy, just create a new theme folder, enable it in your config file,a nd override anything you want. https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/11/developer_manual/core/theming.html[quote=“markmiller, post:1, topic:12779”]
Are the desktop and mobile apps fully brandable?
[/quote]

I think so, although it would be a matter of downloading the source, making changes to the code, and recompiling yourself. I’m not sure if there are easier ways though.

Depending on how you define “easily”, as the server administrator you could delete files from the filesystem and then just run php occ files:scan --all to tell Nextcloud that you changed some files. Otherwise I think with Nextcloud 12 using impersonate, you could actually log in as the offending user and remove the file there.[quote=“markmiller, post:1, topic:12779”]
Is there an app or feature to enable users to pay to upgrade their account and get more storage space?
[/quote]

Sorry, I don’t know this one. Based on your questions it sounds like you might benefit from purchasing an enterprise subscription. Nextcloud Enterprise: Content collaboration software for enterprises

The admin manages the storage space.
It is really easy to change the storage space available to one user.
Is this enough for you?
Are you looking for a way to change the storage space automatically? If so you could explore the command line features.

1 Like

For additional features, you can always have a look on the app store, often someone already implemented things: https://apps.nextcloud.com/

If you need a feature you can either do it yourself, put a feature request (you can support it financially via bountysource) or pay a developer to do so (or ask for an enterprise subscription where they can help you more specifically with your individual problems).