V18.0.1 to v18.0.14 upgrade database error

Hi, I am trying to upgrade from version 18.0.1 to 18.0.14 and after the GUI updater timed out a few times, I followed this guide to manually update using the occ command and the latest v18 tar.gz but encountered the following error:

Doctrine\DBAL\Exception\DriverException: An exception occurred while executing ‘INSERT INTO oc_storages_credentials (user, identifier, credentials) VALUES(?, ?, ?)’ with params ["", “password::global”, “**********”]: SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1932 Table ‘nextcloud.oc_storages_credentials’ doesn’t exist in engine

Useful info:

• Running nextcloud as a docker (by linuxserver) on Unraid
  • Database is MySQL running on MariaDB

Any help to resolve this ASAP would be significantly appreciated.

Three ideas:

With the occ command, you can add missing table columns:
occ db:add-missing-columns
This perhaps checks all the tables and also detects or warns about missing ones.

If not, this is related to external storage apps. Not sure if you are using them. I’d try to disable and enable them. By enabling again, they are then perhaps install the missing table.

I don’t know when this table was introduced, in theory this should only happen in between major versions. Just in case, you can try and install some version in between 18.0.1 and 18.0.14 first.

1 Like