Using tagging for permission of subfolders within groupfolders - possible?

I need to give different groups different permissions for subfolders underneath a group folder.
I believe that I might be able to achieve this with tags and flows

Folderstructure:

• customerX (this is the group folder, I have many such folders, one for each customer)
    — Scan (this folder should only be visible/accessible by users “scanner”, “custadm”)
    — Processing (this folder should only be visible/accessible by users “clerk”, “custadm”)
    — Done (this folder should only be visible/accessible by users “scanner”, “custadm”)
    — Archive (this folder should only be visible/accessible by users “scanner”,“clerk”, “custadm”))

Can this be done anyway?
Can there be more granular access, like read only?

Thanks
Dan

I don’t know if this can be achieved with tags, but you surely can do this with the groupfolders app and the extended permissions where you can explicitly choose who should have which permissions for every folder within a groupfolder.

Hi @Chartman123, You put me on the right direction. Thanks a lot.

I was not aware about occ groupfolders:permissions. I have been using the other occ commands, though.

occ groupfolders:permissions is a bit challenging to understand for me. Sadly the documentation does not go more into detail.

I have not yet found a way to stop inherit permissions from the parent folder (in my case the group folder), other than explicitely take away permissions on the folders…

Still in testing mode… :slight_smile:

Dan

Glad I could help you :slight_smile:

You can also do this via the sharing dialog within the web interface. If it’s not showing the extended permissions, just reload the page. :+1:

Best regards,

Chris