Using NextcloudPi. Relatively new to linux. Cannot get Client's real IP

I am relatively new to linux. I have the following setup:

pfsense (10.0.1.1) - nginx proxy manager on docker (10.0.1.2) - nextcloudpi on raspberry pi 4 (10.0.1.5)

The internal ips are resolved by pihole.

I am trying to get nextcloudpi to get the client’s real ip but everything I have tried (after following the forums here and on jc21’s github), I cannot get it to work. The nc-access.log file just does not show the real ip of the client even if it is an internal one.

This is the content of my nextcloud entry in npm:
proxy_hide_header Upgrade;
proxy_hide_header X-Powered-By;
add_header Content-Security-Policy “upgrade-insecure-requests”;
add_header X-Frame-Options “SAMEORIGIN”;
add_header X-XSS-Protection “1; mode=block” always;
add_header X-Content-Type-Options “nosniff” always;
add_header Cache-Control “no-transform” always;
add_header Referrer-Policy no-referrer always;
add_header X-Robots-Tag none;

This is the config.php I am using (sensitive information retracted):
https://pastebin.com/raw/1HSDrw3A

I know I am supposed to search for similar topics but I have tried my best. Whatever little information was there, I tried them all.

Can someone please help me?

Haven’t experienced or tried to #resolve this issue myself, however I feel I’ll give it a try and point you in hopefully the right direction, seeing as this post has been here since July without a reply :slight_smile:

You can find another thread post about this issue here on the Nextcloud forums which have a rather detailed discussion about how to possibly get this to work. They are using Docker, however it should still be possible to infer the solution for your system by reading through how they are #resolving it and where the configurations are made.

Here is the thread : How to get Real IP’s in logs