Users previous share links disappearing way before the expiration

Nextcloud version (eg, 10.0.2): 12.0.0
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 16.04): Ubuntu 16.04
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): Apache 2.4.25
PHP version (eg, 5.6): 5.7
Is this the first time you’ve seen this error?:Yes

Can you reliably replicate it? (If so, please outline steps): yes

The issue you are facing: Users are reporting their share links are no longer working. when they go into “Shared by You” they only see very recent ones even though shares as early as yesterday have disappeared. In a seperate account see a share by me from 2 days ago.

When you attempt to access the links previously shared but gone, it indicates “Unspecified Share Exception” as if the link is completely invalid like the file was never shared.

one thing we have noticed is some people have received the popup "All the files in your local sync folder ‘path to a big folder’ were deleted. These deletes will be synchronized with your server, making such files unavailable unless restored. Are you sure you want to sync those actions with the server? If this was an accident and you decide to keep your files, they will be resynched from the server.

This happened on 3 people’s computers so far (out of 10 or so) when they were doing nothing in nextcloud. One was eating lunch and noticed the popup. I have them “keep files” so that it syncs back from the server.

They are going through folder changes so that might be an issue. The folder is a shared folder from external storage app. They are connecting to the windows share to make changes, not nextcloud.

The output of your Nextcloud log in Admin > Logging:

Paths redacted
https://justpaste.it/19omd

The output of your config.php file in /path/to/nextcloud (make sure you remove any identifiable information!):

https://justpaste.it/19omk

The output of your Apache/nginx/system log in /var/log/____:

Error.log is pretty bare for apache

[Thu Aug 03 06:25:02.974583 2017] [mpm_prefork:notice] [pid 5617] AH00163: Apache/2.4.18 (Ubuntu) OpenSSL/1.0.2g configured – resuming normal operations
[Thu Aug 03 06:25:02.974611 2017] [core:notice] [pid 5617] AH00094: Command line: ‘/usr/sbin/apache2’

syslog had nothing of relevance

~

here is a fresh nextcloud.log

Error no app in context Icewind\SMB\Exception\NotFoundException: Invalid request for /Departments/ (NotFoundException) 5 minutes ago
Error no app in context Icewind\SMB\Exception\NotFoundException: Invalid request for /Departments/ (NotFoundException) 5 minutes ago
Error no app in context Icewind\SMB\Exception\NotFoundException: Invalid request for /Department (NotFoundException) 5 minutes ago
Error no app in context Icewind\SMB\Exception\NotFoundException: Invalid request for /Departments (NotFoundException) 5 minutes ago
Warning core Login failed: ‘clebourgeois’ (Remote IP: ‘47.188.70.243’) 6 minutes ago
Warning user_ldap Bind failed: 49: Invalid credentials 6 minutes ago
Warning user_ldap Bind failed: 49: Invalid credentials 6 minutes ago
Error files Icewind\SMB\Exception\Exception: Unknown error (22) for /Departments/1920382028.part 11 minutes ago
Error files Icewind\SMB\Exception\Exception: Unknown error (22) for /Departments/1920382028.part 11 minutes ago
Fatal webdav Sabre\DAV\Exception: HTTP/1.1 500 Could not rename part file to final file 11 minutes ago
Error webdav renaming part file to final file failed 12 minutes ago
Fatal webdav Sabre\DAV\Exception: HTTP/1.1 500 Could not rename part file to final file 12 minutes ago
Error webdav renaming part file to final file failed 12 minutes ago
Error PHP Undefined variable: owneruid at /var/www/nextcloud/apps/richdocuments/lib/TokenManager.php#88 12 minutes ago
Fatal webdav Sabre\DAV\Exception: HTTP/1.1 500 Could not rename part file to final file 12 minutes ago
Error webdav renaming part file to final file failed

Could the ldap be the problem? the LDAP settings are all coming out good but could the LDAP failure be removing the user’s shared links when it can’t find them for that brief second?

Here is some more info. My “Shared with others” links disappeared. When I went to check the share it looked fine indicating I was sharing it via a link. I clicked on the “Shared with others” again and it now showed the 2 files I had shared.

I am getting some errors regarding storage

Sabre\DAV\Exception\ServiceUnavailable: HTTP/1.1 503 Storage is temporarily not available

Here is some more nextcloud logs

Error no app in context OCP\Files\NotFoundException: File with id “182453” has not been found. 8 minutes ago
Error no app in context OC\User\NoUserException: Attempted to initialize mount points for null user and no user in session 8 minutes ago
Fatal webdav Sabre\DAV\Exception\ServiceUnavailable: HTTP/1.1 503 Storage is temporarily not available 8 minutes ago
Fatal webdav Sabre\DAV\Exception\ServiceUnavailable: HTTP/1.1 503 Storage with mount id 7 is not available 8 minutes ago
Fatal webdav Sabre\DAV\Exception\ServiceUnavailable: HTTP/1.1 503 Storage with mount id 7 is not available 8 minutes ago