Users from LDAP without memberOf overlay

Hi nextcloud community!
I’m facing an situation where I’m stuck and do not know how to proceed:

I have a running nextCloud and have successfully connected the nextCloud to my openldap server for user authentication and group mappings.

Unfortunately my ldap does not properly support the memberOf overlay thus, I do not have an user attribute “memberOf” for each of my users in the ldap.
This means, that all users in the ldap now have access to the nextCloud and I can not restrict it.

Sidenote: I’m using fuisondirectory to manage my users and groups and I can not enable the memberOf overlay in fusiondirectoy to work properly.

Is there a way to configure the ldap authentication to check for the users in the groups first?
Any suggestions are highly appreciated, also other techniques would help me!

Thanks and best regards
Frank

1 Like

Hi has there been any progress on the subject of this query?. I would also like to filter on the “memberUids” in a group instead of “memberof”.

Best Regards
Stefan Sundberg

1 Like

Bump, same as above.

1 Like

Hello Frank,

I just read you successfuly achieved group mapping between NC and Fusiondirectory without member-of overlay. Great !, you are one step further than me :slight_smile: , Yesterday I’ve posted a question asking how to do it :

https://help.nextcloud.com/t/how-to-map-openldap-fusiondirectory-roles-to-nextcloud-groups/117467

Could you describe how you did it ?

Thanks in advance for your help !

Vincent