User count in Settings > Users sidebar is different to the users shown in the list of a group

Support intro

Sorry to hear you’re facing problems :slightly_frowning_face:

help.nextcloud.com is for home/non-enterprise users. If you’re running a business, paid support can be accessed via portal.nextcloud.com where we can ensure your business keeps running smoothly.

In order to help you as quickly as possible, before clicking Create Topic please provide as much of the below as you can. Feel free to use a pastebin service for logs, otherwise either indent short log examples with four spaces:

example

Or for longer, use three backticks above and below the code snippet:

longer
example
here

Some or all of the below information will be requested if it isn’t supplied; for fastest response please provide as much as you can :heart:

Nextcloud version (eg, 20.0.5): 22.2.2
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 20.04): Debian 10
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): 2.4.38-3
PHP version (eg, 7.4): 7.3.31-1

The issue you are facing:
I do have a higher user count under https://x.x.x.x/settings/users/disabled than I have users in the categories itself.

Here are some screenshots to visualize the problem:

The disabled users show 1, where the list stays empty.
Same for the others, the everyone session shows 24 while I do have 25 users showing up in the window.

Same applies for Administrators, there is only one person in there, which is me, but the counter says 2.

I also have a group created where the counter says 13 while only 8 users are listed in the group.

I am using Nextcloud since Version 13 and migrated this instance over time. I also added new users and deleted others.
I also tried LDAP for the authentication a long time ago, but deleted this integration because I did not want to maintain another entity, but this is years ago already.

Thanks for helping