Used DNS rewrite to access Nextcloud AIO locally from lan. Connection refused. I'm assuming this is some sort of SSL issue? Not sure how to proceed

Reading the wiki, it looks like I should be able to access nextcloud aio locally if I used a DNS rewrite to the local IP. unfortunately, this leads to connection refused error, assuming an SSL issue. How do I get around this?

Hi, does your reverse proxy use port 443 internally?

I’m using a cloudflare tunnel for remote access

Why does everyone suddenly think they need to send their data through a “I only have to trust Cloudflare” tunnel? Is it because Network Chuck made a (sponsored) video on it? :wink:

Anyways, I can’t really help with this, but maybe this thread in the Cloudflare forums can: https://community.cloudflare.com/t/resolving-domains-locally/341593

1 Like

hmmm so I set my tunnel to use my adguard home dns, and then i set AGH dns to resolve my nextcloud domainname to the local IP. still getting connection refused ssl error. works great outside of my home network.

I’m using a cloudflare tunnel for remote access

See GitHub - nextcloud/all-in-one: Nextcloud AIO stands for Nextcloud All-in-One and provides easy deployment and maintenance with most features included in this one Nextcloud instance.