I tried to use the API (v1 and v2) to create groups and create group folders. Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to get anything to work with the Rest API.
Firstly, I tried to use https://github.com/dachinat/nextcloud but I got always a 400 response instead of any result. Later on, I used the Rest API directly - without any luck.
Some more information what I tried to use:
- use username + password
- use username + “app-password” (created in User -> Security)
- v1 and v2
Do I need to configure anything to use the API?
Can someone share example code (any programming language) which uses the current NextCloud 18 Rest API.
I didn’t use it with NC18, but the python client was working: https://github.com/owncloud/pyocclient
Thanks. This library uses v1 api. Are there other examples available using v2 api?
One additional important hint: The nextcloud istance is using SAML but I want to use non-saml account to use the API. The account works in case I login with /login?direct=1 on the browser.
Do I need to consider this while using the API?
After fixing some other issues, I can confirm
- the https://github.com/dachinat/nextcloud ruby api client still works
- even if you have user_saml it works
- have a look at trusted-domain configuration
- debug it via “Logging” menu in Nextcloud Admin Menu
- make sure your user/pass credentials are right, check it twice!