Use talk in NC 13

Upgraded to 13. Some questions:

-Tried talk and did not work.
I installed nextcloud+talk on mobile, created a session from the browser. The Android Nextcloud client showed a notification (saying NEW_NOTIFICATION), tapped it, it launched the Nextcloud app’s default file view. Nothing about calls. Tapped the Notifications link, it showed a notification saying that the other user wants to talk to me. Tapped it, did nothing. Opened the talk app manually, tapped the other user name, it entered the call screen but showed only the local camera. Wanted to quit, tapped the stop call button, the app froze and i had to kill it manually.
Now i have the genuine question, how is Talk supposed to work?
Also, does it support H2?

• The 3.0 version of the Android app shows notifications that say NEW_NOTIFICATION instead of any useful text. Is that supposed to look like that?
  • Searching in the mobile app does not work (necer worked BTW)
  • Favorites are not shown on mobile. Just loading indefinitely (i have 4 or 5 favorite folders).

The mobile part was tested on 2 different Android phones.

So:

• Nextcloud app and the Nextcloud Talk apps are different, so this post contains multiple questions
  • NEW_NOTIFICATION from the Nextcloud app is a bug and will be fixed in the upcoming release
  • I see you’ve received notification from the Nextcloud Talk app - that one is good! :slight_smile:
  • The freezing when you try to exit a call only YOU are a part of is known and fixed - will be in 1.1
  • Did you try to install and configure TURN on your server to make sure peers can reach each other?
  • and ummm … H2?

Yes i know the Talk and non-Talk app are different. But for a call you need both - and ATM none seem to do its job properly. If you want to call somebody from mobile you launch the Talk app. If somebody calls you on mobile you get a notification in the Nextcloud app.
Why not put everything needed )notification support etc) for chat/talk in the Talk app or else incorporate everything in the Nextcloud app. Less confusing for end users.

• NEW_[quote]NOTIFICATION from the Nextcloud app is a bug and will be fixed in the upcoming release
  • I see you’ve received notification from the Nextcloud Talk app - that one is good! :slight_smile:
  • The freezing when you try to exit a call only YOU are a part of is known and fixed - will be in 1.1
    [/quote]
    So basically functionality related to Talk is not yet finished on mobile? I got the impression from the available information that Nextcloud 13 and Talk should be working.

I have a turn server, it works fine with Synapse+Riot.im

HTTP/2. The web UI freezes for long time if that is enabled. It should be put in the Talk docs, i remember it was in Spreed’s.

This will be done. Like I said it’s a case of Nextcloud app not supporting push properly, while Talk does.

Can you mail me at mario AT nextcloud.com with a test account so we can debug your calling together? :slightly_smiling_face: And please let me know what phone you have.

As for your question if Talk is finished on mobile - it indeed works with 13, but this is the first stable release of the mobile app. We keep fixing bugs on mobile, just like we do everywhere else. And like with all software products, the work never truly finishes.

No idea about HTTP/2 really, haven’t tried it.

Also, what’s strange to me is you’ve received “NEW_NOTIFICATION” when you can ONLY receive that on iOS and not on Android.

Update: it’s early so I misread one thing - you ONLY need the Nextcloud Talk app for calls, not the Nextcloud app.

I tried this on a Xaomi Redmi 4A and an Alcatel Idol 3 phones, both running Android 6.0.1.
The NEW_NOTIFICATION definitely comes from the Nextcloud main app, on the lockscreen i see the app icon.
Also, Talk crashes if i want to create a new conversation and i tap a user name.

Ah both phones require you to ignore battery optimizations / enable autostart for the app to receive notifications.

As for crashing, that sounds strange since nobody ever reported this … did you submit a crash report so I can check?