Uploading Files

In my folders i have only pdf files. I would like to upload also jpeg or png files and replace the pdf files. When i say to replace them, i mean automatically.
I have already test it and has no success. I would like to know if that is possible and if it is, then how can i managed it.

Unfortunately you’ve totally ignored the issue template. Please start with DETAILED information about your environment, the used software versions and information about what client you’re speaking about. Please also provide a STEP-BY-STEP description what you’ve tested in which way with which EXACT result. Be as precise as possible!

First of all i would like to thank you for the reply.
I don’t understand what exact you mean with the issue template.
I have created several users (my clients) and each of them has several folders. Each folder has subfolders.
In each subfolder i have one pdf file. My goal is to replace whenever i want the existing pdf files with new ones. Until now every time i would like to replace it with another pdf file, i just uploaded a new pdf file.
Now i would like to replace every pdf file with a jpg or png file. With the same way it didnt work.
My details are:
Operating System: Linux 5.4.0-52-generic x86_64
PHP Version: 7.4.11
Database: mysql Version: 10.5.6
Nextcloud Version: 20.0.0

How should this work if the names differ, “document.pdf” <> “document.jpg”? You can only replace files if their names match. In this case a “collision” dialog opens which asks you which of the two files the existing one, or the to be uploaded one, you want to keep.

BTW; you should update NC 20.0.0 to 20.0.2 because several bugs have already been fixed in the latest minor releases :wink:

You mean i can only replace same format files. Ok i got it.
Ok, i will also update with the new version.

Thnx a lot!!

@j-ed
i tried to update NC 20.0.0 to 20.0.2 as you recommended

I downloaded the new version as a zip file. Then i chose the “Open updater” and i redirect to the home page.
What should i do?

I personally don’t use the web updater so that I cannot help you with it. You find detailed information how to update a system in the Nextcloud administrator guide.

1 Like

i already saw this guide but is not so clear. The main point for me is why when i open the updater then i redirected to my main page…

@Ntinos
Do you want to solve your “uploading file” and/or “updater” problem? Please open different threads.