Uploading files from smartphone | NC app

Hello,
I have a few problems when uploading files from my phone and I will be glad to find a solution after discussing with you:

1. When I use usbC to SDcard adapter, the storage is not listed in the available paths in NC app, while I can clearly see it in the “my files” app (recognized as USB storage). I have to plug the SD card in my phone’s SD slot in order to workaround this which means disabling my 2nd SIM card for the time of uploading.

2. NC app seems to not work in the background while screen is off (no manual restrictions added). This would be handy feature as the phone will save battery with the screen turned off.

3. Can’t drag & select files - there is option only to select all files, but when I am in a directory where I want to upload just a 100 out of 500 files for example, I need to manually press each one by one.

4. No progress bar visible - In order to see how many files were uploaded I need to go back to the main directory to be able to open the menu, and after this I am able to see the upload progress in the “Uploads” menu. I’d prefer it to be not that hidden.

I am using android application. Don’t have experience with the ios app.
Thank you in advance!

For 1. I would copy the files to where the app would have access. Or select the files with a different app where you can do Open-With where you select NC-app

For 2. My app auto-uploads in the backgrgound while the screen is off

For 3. Use “upload content from different app” < roughly translated < Will open default file manager in which I can drag select multiple files and browse all file systems.

For 4. While in the folder swipe your left screen border to the right to show the menu.

Hope this is clear else give a yell

Thank you Vincent!
As always your posts are very describing and helping. I didn’t know about swiping left to open the menu ( 4 ) . Also I’ve never looked in the “upload content from different app option”. These 2 features are goind go help for sure, but I am feeling it is more like a workaround rather than a clear solution.

So in this case, I’d like to ask whether we (the users) have any control over the NC mobile app? Is it possible to bring forward a status bar of the uploading files?

With this I consider 1 & 3 Solved, 4 partly solved, because I’d like to have more instant feedback.

And regarding 2:
Just did a test once again and as soon as I turn my screen off I get a ton of notifications for “Upload failed - could not upload file.ext
And a single “Upload Failed - SSL initialization failed”, although I believe my SSL is properly set

But now is the first time I decide to look in the logging for some info and I see these warnings

Sabre\DAV\Exception\NotFound: File with name /path/file_name.ext could not be located

var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Tree.php - line 78:
OCA\DAV\Connector\Sabre\Directory->getChild()
/var/www/nextcloud/apps/dav/lib/DAV/ViewOnlyPlugin.php - line 74:
Sabre\DAV\Tree->getNodeForPath()
/var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/event/lib/WildcardEmitterTrait.php - line 89:
OCA\DAV\DAV\ViewOnlyPlugin->checkViewOnly()
/var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php - line 472:
Sabre\DAV\Server->emit()
/var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/CorePlugin.php - line 251:
Sabre\DAV\Server->invokeMethod()
/var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/event/lib/WildcardEmitterTrait.php - line 89:
Sabre\DAV\CorePlugin->httpHead()
/var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php - line 472:
Sabre\DAV\Server->emit()
/var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php - line 253:
Sabre\DAV\Server->invokeMethod()
/var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php - line 321:
Sabre\DAV\Server->start()
/var/www/nextcloud/apps/dav/lib/Server.php - line 358:
Sabre\DAV\Server->exec()
/var/www/nextcloud/apps/dav/appinfo/v2/remote.php - line 35:
OCA\DAV\Server->exec()
/var/www/nextcloud/remote.php - line 166:
require_once(“/var/www/ne … p”)

Edit - Forgot to mention that this issue is only present when I turn my screen off. Otherwise all files are uploaded successfully.