Upload Size Unchangeable in VM

Hi,

I have followed the guidance at:
https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/latest/admin_manual/configuration_files/big_file_upload_configuration.html

And I have set the values within the /var/www/nextcloud/.user.ini file:
php_value upload_max_filesize 2GB
php_value post_max_size 2G
php_value max_input_time 360
php_value max_execution_time 3600

I have rebooted the server but the GUI still only shows a maximum of 1000MB, and using a test ZIP file that is only 100MB files through the web uploader.

There must be a recorded, working and correct way to edit the upload size within the pre-configured container right?

One of the vest things with open source is that you can actually check the code yourself:

Hope it helps! :wink:

Hi @enoch85

I did indeed check the loaded php.ini, but thanks for the reference to the install script.

However the documentation suggests trying the .user.ini file first, and suggests using .user.ini explicitly if php-fpm is in use:

Nextcloud comes with its own nextcloud/.htaccess file. Because php-fpm can’t read PHP settings in .htaccess these settings must be set in the nextcloud/.user.ini file.

Is it not the case that values defined in the .user.ini file override anything in php.ini? It seems a bit confusing, at least when just trying to follow the guide and that’s what it says to do first.

But, anyway, I think my issue is related to Cloudflare, which my install sits behind. I think that it is limiting me to 100MB files, because accessing the Web UI inside my network (behind Cloudflare) I had no issue uploading a 600MB file.

Yes, that’s the issue!

Thanks for confirming.