Upgrading upgrades to final version

Hello guys,

unraid 6.11.0
docker lscr.io/linuxserver/nextcloud
nextcloud was 24.0.4
php 8.0.25

Summary:
I followed the documentation to manually upgrade (i got the stuck on step3 error, and couldnt solve it with the *.step file deletion since it wasnt there). I downloaded 24.0.7 (to upgrade from 24.0.4) and unzipped and did the occ upgrade.

But after restarting my container. My client says it has version 25.0, the latest…It is said I should upgrade step by step. Why would it do this? Should I go back to my latest version or retrace my steps? Or is this something new, where it probably already did all the steps?

• Some files have not passed the integrity check. Further information on how to resolve this issue can be found in the documentation :arrow_upper_right:. (List of invalid files… / Rescan…)

• The “X-Frame-Options” HTTP header is not set to “SAMEORIGIN”. This is a potential security or privacy risk, as it is recommended to adjust this setting accordingly.

• The “Strict-Transport-Security” HTTP header is not set to at least “15552000” seconds. For enhanced security, it is recommended to enable HSTS as described in the security tips :arrow_upper_right:.

• Your installation has no default phone region set. This is required to validate phone numbers in the profile settings without a country code. To allow numbers without a country code, please add “default_phone_region” with the respective ISO 3166-1 code :arrow_upper_right: of the region to your config file.

• No memory cache has been configured. To enhance performance, please configure a memcache, if available. Further information can be found in the documentation :arrow_upper_right:.

• The database is missing some indexes. Due to the fact that adding indexes on big tables could take some time they were not added automatically. By running “occ db:add-missing-indices” those missing indexes could be added manually while the instance keeps running. Once the indexes are added queries to those tables are usually much faster.

• Missing index “preferences_app_key” in table “oc_preferences”.
    • Missing index “mounts_class_index” in table “oc_mounts”.
  • Some columns in the database are missing a conversion to big int. Due to the fact that changing column types on big tables could take some time they were not changed automatically. By running “occ db:convert-filecache-bigint” those pending changes could be applied manually. This operation needs to be made while the instance is offline. For further details read the documentation page about this :arrow_upper_right:.

• file_metadata.id

Seems like there have been a lot of posts from people having upgrade issues with this linuxserver container. This isn’t one of the official distributions, and they use a different upgrade process that isn’t in line with the official documentation. I’m not really sure what guidance to offer.

Hey. I’ve seemed to be able to fix it. Im terribly sorry, I should have checked which container Im using.
I guess, as long as you update a bit forward, sudo update.phar and then upgrade, you’ll always be good to go.
I assume it’d be smart to maybe switch to a different container, but I’ll check in the future. Right now, upgraded to hub3, it’s working fine again.