We are planning to upgrade from 18.0.14 to the latest version of nextClould (which seems to be 20.0.4 according to github releases but on the website there is also a version 21.0.0). Is there anything to watch out for when doing such a big version-jump? Will it (most likeley) just work? Any tips on how to make sure we have a seamless upgrade are very welcome. Thank you very much!
Here is some more information about our current installation that might be helpful to answer the question.
- We are also using the Groupfolders addon.
- Apart from that we are pretty much using the default install.
- We are using nextcloud in shared hosting environment where we cannot control the PHP and MySQL version. These are the current PHP version information from the nextCloud settings page: Version: 7.3.26 Memory Limit: 512 MB Max Execution Time: 3600 Upload max size: 200 MB And these are the infos about mySQL: Type: mysql Version: 5.7.28 Size: 567,6 MB
- these are the disk infos: Files: 307118 Storages: 189 Free Space: 425,3 GB
- we have around 150 active users
- they shared a lot of folders among each other
- we have this warning on the nextCloud settings page:
MySQL is used as database but does not support 4-byte characters. To be able to handle 4-byte characters (like emojis) without issues in filenames or comments for example it is recommended to enable the 4-byte support in MySQL. For further details read the documentation page about this.