Upgraded OS and it downgraded NextCloud

I upgraded my OpenSuSE Leap 15.3 machine to Leap 15.4. Very helpfully, it downgraded my NextCloud install from 25.something to 23.something? Actually not sure if it did the “downgrade”. When I go to the website via a browser, it says:Downgrading is not supported and is likely to cause unpredictable issues (from 25.0.5.1 to 23.0.12.2)
Is there a way to recover from this?

How did you originally install NC? That’ll give us some context to suggest next steps since the approach will vary a bit.

It would be highly unusual for the OS to even know you had NC installed. The only bits the OS may manage (if not using Docker) are dependencies like PHP, PHP extensions, and the database.

It’s been a very long time. And I thought I installed it from a download from ‘here’. But it is possible that I installed it through OpenSuse’s package manager, then just kept upgrading it through the online updater. I only think I might have installed it through my package manager because I can’t think of any other reason why it would try to update it. I guess it’s not the end of the world if I have to start from scratch… If that’s the way I need to go. I guess I should ask if there are any instructions to delete the months and months worth of work I’ve done?

Sorry i do not use OpenSuSE anymore. Can you explain how you installed Nextcloud. There is no linke at “here” in your post? Have you used something like this? Maybe you can list Nextcloud packages. Hopefully the command is correct:

rpm -qa |grep -i nextcloud

How should OpenSuSE have been able to downgrade a manually installed Nextcloud when upgrading OpenSuSE? Also it makes no sense if you use the package system. Please post the version of your Nextcloud. You can use this command for your Nextcloud url or read config/config.php.

https://cloud.servername.tld/status.php.