Upgrade to version 14 failed due an error for cloud_federation_api

I am trying to upgrade my nextcloud installation from version 13 to version 14 using the stable channel and I found this error:

root@nasone:/var/www/nextcloud# su -c './occ upgrade --no-interaction' www-data
Nextcloud or one of the apps require upgrade - only a limited number of commands are available
You may use your browser or the occ upgrade command to do the upgrade
Set log level to debug
Updating database schema
Updated database
Checking for update of app cloud_federation_api in appstore
An unhandled exception has been thrown:
Error: Call to undefined method GuzzleHttp\Client::request() in /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Http/Client/Client.php:161
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/App/AppStore/Fetcher/Fetcher.php(106): OC\Http\Client\Client->get('https://apps.ne...', Array)
#1 /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/App/AppStore/Fetcher/AppFetcher.php(80): OC\App\AppStore\Fetcher\Fetcher->fetch('', '')
#2 /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/App/AppStore/Fetcher/Fetcher.php(170): OC\App\AppStore\Fetcher\AppFetcher->fetch('', '')
#3 /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Installer.php(385): OC\App\AppStore\Fetcher\Fetcher->get()
#4 /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Updater.php(445): OC\Installer->isUpdateAvailable('cloud_federatio...')
#5 /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Updater.php(256): OC\Updater->upgradeAppStoreApps(Array)
#6 /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Updater.php(126): OC\Updater->doUpgrade('14.0.3.0', '13.0.4.0')
#7 /var/www/nextcloud/core/Command/Upgrade.php(262): OC\Updater->upgrade()
#8 /var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/symfony/console/Command/Command.php(251): OC\Core\Command\Upgrade->execute(Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))
#9 /var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/symfony/console/Application.php(946): Symfony\Component\Console\Command\Command->run(Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))
#10 /var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/symfony/console/Application.php(248): Symfony\Component\Console\Application->doRunCommand(Object(OC\Core\Command\Upgrade), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))
#11 /var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/symfony/console/Application.php(148): Symfony\Component\Console\Application->doRun(Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))
#12 /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Console/Application.php(213): Symfony\Component\Console\Application->run(Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))
#13 /var/www/nextcloud/console.php(96): OC\Console\Application->run()
#14 /var/www/nextcloud/occ(11): require_once('/var/www/nextcl...')
#15 {main}

In the log I read this message:

{"reqId":"1On5USK3nbLTbkD5Mhwa","level":1,"time":"2018-10-17T07:51:36+00:00","remoteAddr":"","user":"--"\,"app":"updater","method":"","url":"--","message":"\\OC\\Updater::checkAppStoreAppBefore: Checking for u\pdate of app \"cloud_federation_api\" in appstore","userAgent":"--","version":"13.0.4.0"}

The same error I found before for other applications, like activity, bookmarks and other; I disabled these applications and I could continue the upgrade but I cannot disable cloud_federation_api so the upgrade stopped.

The server is on a debian stable box with apache, php version 7.0.30-0+deb9u1

I solved disabling also the files_external_gdrive application and now it seems to work!

1 Like