Upgrade to 22.0.0 leads to /apps/files error [solved]

I have Nextcloud running in a docker container.
I upgraded to 22.0.0 by docker exec -it --user www-data nextcloud-app php occ upgrade

But in https://my-nextcloud-url/apps/files I do get internal server error message (with somne key: QG5J00hE706nCLD0erya). Other stuff seems to work… somehow.

I did a docker exec -it --user www-data nextcloud-app php occ maintenance:repair --include-expensive

which runs and only comes with an error on oc_deck_cards (which still seems to run):

ERROR: An exception occurred while executing a query: SQLSTATE[22007]: Invalid datetime format: 1366 Incorrect string value: ‘\xF0\x9F\x93\x8E c…’ for column nextcloud.oc_deck_cards.description at row 57

Any idea how to fix my file access?

You should at first have a look at your nextcloud.log in your data directory and see the exact error message.

If it’s indeed related to the deck app, you can run occ app:disable deck

It might be related to this issue: Activating Deck leads to impossible Login in Nextcloud - internal Server Error · Issue #3194 · nextcloud/deck · GitHub

Hi Chartman123,
I finally found my nextcloud-log. I have to say it is loaded with lots of errors.
I put loglevel to 2, purged the log file and did the /apps/files again.

Now the internal server error message is the same as the single entry in nextcloud.log:
‘{“reqId”:“ws0L6mRlTb8Pw3wR56YB”,“level”:3,“time”:“2021-07-23T18:08:51+00:00”,“remoteAddr”:“87.147.87.120”,“user”:“admin”,“app”:“index”,“method”:“GET”,“url”:"/apps/files/",“message”:“Class ‘OCP\User’ not found”,“userAgent”:“Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:90.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/90.0”,“version”:“22.0.0.11”,“exception”:{“Exception”:“Exception”,“Message”:“Class ‘OCP\User’ not found”,“Code”:0,“Trace”:[{“file”:"/var/www/html/lib/private/AppFramework/App.php",“line”:156,“function”:“dispatch”,“class”:“OC\AppFramework\Http\Dispatcher”,“type”:"->",“args”:[{“class”:“OCA\Files\Controller\ViewController”},“index”]},{“file”:"/var/www/html/lib/private/Route/Router.php",“line”:301,“function”:“main”,“class”:“OC\AppFramework\App”,“type”:"::",“args”:[“OCA\Files\Controller\ViewController”,“index”,{“class”:“OC\AppFramework\DependencyInjection\DIContainer”},{"_route":“files.view.index”}]},{“file”:"/var/www/html/lib/base.php",“line”:1000,“function”:“match”,“class”:“OC\Route\Router”,“type”:"->",“args”:["/apps/files/"]},{“file”:"/var/www/html/index.php",“line”:36,“function”:“handleRequest”,“class”:“OC”,“type”:"::",“args”:}],“File”:"/var/www/html/lib/private/AppFramework/Http/Dispatcher.php",“Line”:158,“Previous”:{“Exception”:“Error”,“Message”:“Class ‘OCP\User’ not found”,“Code”:0,“Trace”:[{“file”:"/var/www/html/apps/files/lib/Controller/ViewController.php",“line”:136,“function”:“include”},{“file”:"/var/www/html/apps/files/lib/Controller/ViewController.php",“line”:276,“function”:“renderScript”,“class”:“OCA\Files\Controller\ViewController”,“type”:"->",“args”:[“dropit”,“list.php”]},{“file”:"/var/www/html/lib/private/AppFramework/Http/Dispatcher.php",“line”:217,“function”:“index”,“class”:“OCA\Files\Controller\ViewController”,“type”:"->",“args”:["","",null,false,null]},{“file”:"/var/www/html/lib/private/AppFramework/Http/Dispatcher.php",“line”:126,“function”:“executeController”,“class”:“OC\AppFramework\Http\Dispatcher”,“type”:"->",“args”:[{“class”:“OCA\Files\Controller\ViewController”},“index”]},{“file”:"/var/www/html/lib/private/AppFramework/App.php",“line”:156,“function”:“dispatch”,“class”:“OC\AppFramework\Http\Dispatcher”,“type”:"->",“args”:[{“class”:“OCA\Files\Controller\ViewController”},“index”]},{“file”:"/var/www/html/lib/private/Route/Router.php",“line”:301,“function”:“main”,“class”:“OC\AppFramework\App”,“type”:"::",“args”:[“OCA\Files\Controller\ViewController”,“index”,{“class”:“OC\AppFramework\DependencyInjection\DIContainer”},{"_route":“files.view.index”}]},{“file”:"/var/www/html/lib/base.php",“line”:1000,“function”:“match”,“class”:“OC\Route\Router”,“type”:"->",“args”:["/apps/files/"]},{“file”:"/var/www/html/index.php",“line”:36,“function”:“handleRequest”,“class”:“OC”,“type”:"::",“args”:}],“File”:"/var/www/html/custom_apps/dropit/list.php",“Line”:4},“CustomMessage”:"–"}}’

any idea what tha could mean? How could a user not be found???

The error doesn’t say that a user isn’t found, but a OCP\User can’t be found. So, I’d say that perhaps some system files are missing or not readable by the server.

How can this happen by update?
Good thing is that the DB seems to be ok - I can access all files by remote…
BUT /apps/files leads to the error.

I did remove all apps that are kind of related to files - solved the issue - no idea which app it was

1 Like

You could try to re-enable them one by one to see which one is causing the issue and then see on Github if there’s already a filed issue for it. If not, please go ahead and create a new issue for it so that it can be tackled by the devs :slight_smile:

Similar error here… Did you have the DropIt app?

1 Like

I even do not recall all the apps I had/tried - good spring cleanup :slight_smile:

see below: it was most likely the dropit-App (I can confirm I had that one installed) - thanks Chartman!