Upgrade to 13.0.2 failed - stuck in the middle

Hello

Running 13.0.1. Got the message that 12.0.2 was available. Clicked the Update button and got this:

Initializing

Current version is 13.0.1.
Update to Nextcloud 13.0.2 available. (channel: “stable”)
Following file will be downloaded automatically: https://download.nextcloud.com/server/releases/nextcloud-13.0.2.zip

• Check for expected files

• Check for write permissions

• Enable maintenance mode

• Create backup

• Downloading

• Verifying integrity

• Extracting

• Replace entry points

• Delete old files

Parsing response failed. No input file specified.

Environment:

|OS:|Debian Linux 8.0|
|Webserver:|Apache 2|
|PHP: 7.1
|MySQL: MySQL 5.6|

Now I cannot log into Nextcloud anymore - getting a “File not found”

PS: Tried the “Retry update” button on the page, now it says: " * ## Delete old files

Parsing response failed. Step 9 is currently in process. Please reload this page later."

What to do?

Well I guess you have to investigate on the command line. Do you have command line access to the server? What is $installation_directory/data/nextcloud.log saying?

Unfortunately, no command line access. I have placed a zipped log file zipped log-file - I honestly don’t know what to look for.

Excuse me, but I would never install complex software like Nextcloud to a system where I have no command line (i.e root) access. No offense, but this is bound to trouble.

What a comfort!

1 Like

I believe this could help you, but only if you have a command line access, or webmin like: Update to 13 fails - core/shipped.json is not available

Conclusion: I gave up on completing the upgrade. Instead, I uninstalled Nextclud and then made a fresh installation. Interestingly, the installation installed version 13.0.1 and only after a ady or two did it list 13.0.2 as a stable upgrade option.

After several backups, I took the chance today and upgraded to 13.0.2, and it went well.