Upgrade NC11 > NC12: warning "Certificate is not valid" (Resolved)

Hello NC community and dev :slight_smile:
Since my upgrade to NC12 the admin page tells me about 2 issues, as I’m not a Linux expert so I might need your help to resolve them :slight_smile:

1/ Certificate is not valid

Some files have not passed the integrity check. Further information on how to resolve this issue can be found in our documentation

content of the file :

Technical information
    =====================
    The following list covers which files have failed the integrity check. Please read
    the previous linked documentation to learn more about the errors and how to fix
    them.

Results
=======
- direct_menu
	- EXCEPTION
		- OC\IntegrityCheck\Exceptions\InvalidSignatureException
		- Certificate is not valid.

Raw output
==========
Array
(
    [direct_menu] => Array
        (
            [EXCEPTION] => Array
                (
                    [class] => OC\IntegrityCheck\Exceptions\InvalidSignatureException
                    [message] => Certificate is not valid.
                )

)

)

Logs that might be related ? :slight_smile: (Direct_menu)

This one a lot

Error PHP Undefined index: admin at /var/www/nc/apps/news/lib/Config/AppConfig.php#91

This other a lot as well

Error index Error: Call to undefined method OCA\Theming\ThemingDefaults::getMailHeaderColor()

[internal function] OCA\Direct_menu\Controller\AppController->stylesheet()
    /var/www/nc/lib/private/AppFramework/Http/Dispatcher.php - line 160: call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    /var/www/nc/lib/private/AppFramework/Http/Dispatcher.php - line 90: OC\AppFramework\Http\Dispatcher->executeController(Object(OCA\Direct_menu\Controller\AppController), 'stylesheet')
    /var/www/nc/lib/private/AppFramework/App.php - line 114: OC\AppFramework\Http\Dispatcher->dispatch(Object(OCA\Direct_menu\Controller\AppController), 'stylesheet')
    /var/www/nc/lib/private/AppFramework/Routing/RouteActionHandler.php - line 47: OC\AppFramework\App main('OCA\\Direct_menu...', 'stylesheet', Object(OC\AppFramework\DependencyInjection\DIContainer), Array)
    [internal function] OC\AppFramework\Routing\RouteActionHandler->__invoke(Array)
    /var/www/nc/lib/private/Route/Router.php - line 299: call_user_func(Object(OC\AppFramework\Routing\RouteActionHandler), Array)
    /var/www/nc/lib/base.php - line 1000: OC\Route\Router->match('/apps/direct_me...')
    /var/www/nc/index.php - line 40: OC handleRequest()
    {main}

Don’t know what to do about that. Research on the support website, didn’t find anything very helpful

Do you need more info to help ?
Thanks

Hi there!
I am suffering from issue 1) too after upgrade to NC 12.0.0 on my Arch Linux system. I also get the certificate is not valid message on my Admin page. Any help would be appreciated!

Too bad, I browse the web, didn’t any way to resolve this issue yet. If I find anything, I’ll post it here :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m getting the same OC\IntegrityCheck\Exceptions\InvalidSignatureException error after updating 11.x to 12.0.0

Hello.

Used the updater to go from 11 to 12.
Same problem (1).

Technical information

The following list covers which files have failed the integrity check. Please read
them.

Results

• direct_menu
    • EXCEPTION
      • OC\IntegrityCheck\Exceptions\InvalidSignatureException
      • Certificate is not valid.

Raw output

Array
(
[direct_menu] => Array
(
[EXCEPTION] => Array
(
)

)

)

Going to try to download full package and overwrite the file… will post if it helps.

Aaaaaaaand its not in the main download package. ;>

Its a third party(?) app for nextcloud. Going to disable it then…

https://apps.nextcloud.com/apps/direct_menu

There is no update to NC12 yet for it. Disable it.

Aaaaaaaaand the first comment on the app says, its built in inside NC12.

Remove. Problem solved. ;>

Have a nice day.

1 Like

YES !
I removed the app for the control panel, restarted nginx and it’s done, no more error :stuck_out_tongue:

thx @Centopus :+1:

Now, I’m going to focus on the 2nd issue (The “X-Frame-Options” HTTP header is not configured to equal to “SAMEORIGIN”. This is a potential security or privacy risk and we recommend adjusting this setting.)

I’ll check on the other topics or open a new one if can find a solution

I have upgraded from 11.0.5 to 12.0.4 and all worked like a charme. But now I have also the error
Technical information
=====================
them.

Results
=======
- ownbackup
	- EXCEPTION
		- OC\IntegrityCheck\Exceptions\InvalidSignatureException
		- Certificate is not valid.

Raw output
==========
Array
(
    [ownbackup] => Array
        (
            [EXCEPTION] => Array
                (
                )

)

)

Now I’m unsure if the app is the problem or it has to do with the upgrade. Any hints on this?
Micha