Upgrade from 14.0.1 to 14.0.3: "Nextcloud is already latest version"

Nextcloud version: 14.0.1.1
Operating system and version Debian Jessie:
Nginx: 1.14.0
PHP-FPM: 7.1

I can not upgrade from 14.0.1 to 14.0.3 using console script because web-based upgrade is not working.
I suppose that web-based upgrade is not working because it finally uses console php command, that is processed by php cli of version 5.6 instead of 7.1.
Therefore I upgrade invoking 7.1 cli script explicitly and it gone well last upgrades.
Now command line script doesn’t detect the next version, but on the web-page I can see that there is update for my installation.

Any help is appreciated.

Hi,

You can do the manual update:
https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/14/admin_manual/maintenance/manual_upgrade.html?highlight=manual%20upgrade

That should avoid any issues related to the PHP version regarding the installer.

Thank you, but I can not stop my production server…
I see the same behavior on another server with Nextcloud 14.0.0.19 installation.
Very strange.

Do you mean you can’t stop your server, because it is a productive server, which shouldn’t have any downtime? Or do you mean there are issues which don’t allow you to stop the server?

If it’s the first reason: a web update causes a downtime as well. During the upgrade NC is put in Maintenance and therefor not reachable for clients. So actually the manual update is nearly the same and well-prepared it takes nearly the same time.

Which commands did you use to upgrade your server? Are there any error messages?

Well, to say clearer I don’t want to stop production server because there are another websites in it.
Of course, I can do it in the night time but I wish I had either web-based or console upgrade script working properly.
When I attempt upgrade from web, I’m just redirected to the blank content page, but menus and left column remains as if I were in Files section of Nextcloud.
There are no error messages except for “No cache entry” notifications.
Also, one error appears in javascript console when I go to the page about Updates information (Settings/General):

Failed to load resource
my_site/ocs/v2.php/apps/updatenotification/api/v1/applist/Nextcloud%2014.0.3 not found

When I try to invoke this link from browser I see “CSRF check failed” message.

As for console script I just see that “Nextcloud is already latest version”.

I have the same problem: Nextcloud suggests and update.

Selection_2018-11-02_14%3A37%3A45

The web updater is coming up with all positions in the list already showing a checkmark, and the note that Nextcloud is already the latest version.

The same happens when using the CLI-based updated:

I have the exact same problem trying to update from 14.0.6 to 15.0.2. Is there any solution?

Same here. Upgraded an instance from v13 to v14.0.10 succesfully, and would like to install all following updates as well. Running
$ cd /var/www/nextcloud/updater
$ sudo -u www-data php updater.phar

… does produce the ‘usual’ output, but all checks are immediately passed, and in the end no update is performed.

Hi,

I am facing the same issue upgrading from 16.0.3 to 16.0.4. The settings page says there is an update, but the updater shows all boxes already checked. occ upgrade says that nextcloud is already at the latest version.
Is the manual upgrade the only solution?

Hi,

I suggest you provide some logs to get some idea what is really going on during the update.

Could you please also check with ls -la within your nextcloud installation folder (or within the updater folder), if there is a “.*step.*” file somewhere?

Hi,

thanks for the quick reply! In the meanwhile I ran a manual upgrade.

Anyhow, since I kept the old nextcloud folder:

• I could not find a .step file anywhere in the nextcloud folder or its subfolders.
  • I have been going through the log file, but I haven’t seen anything obviously wrong so far. I see the successful result of the occ upgrade from earlier today and the one after the update to 16.0.3 a while ago.
    • If I grep for Updater::updateEnd: Update I only get the successful results.
    • If I grep for 16.0.4. the first entry is the successful (manual) upgrade.

Any suggestion what I should be looking for?

Thanks