Upgrade from 11.0.3 to 12.0.1 hangs on "workflowengine"

The “workflowengine” log line here is a red herring, it is just the latest app (sorted by alphabet) and already the next step (fixing oc_filecache entries) is running which is the one that fails.

As a workaround, updating via occ upgrade should mitigate this issue. Or try the patch from @nickvergessen

Using the patch now hangs at “This Nextcloud instance is currently in maintenance mode, which may take a while. This page will refresh itself when the Nextcloud instance is available again.” for about 30 Minutes…

Adjust config/config.php and replace:
'maintenance' => true, with 'maintenance' => false,

Also try this patch in addition: https://github.com/nextcloud/server/pull/6047/files

• config.php is changed
• path_hash is added
#6034 is applied

Result: “This Nextcloud instance is currently in maintenance mode, which may take a while.”

P.S: I can’t run "occ upgrade"since the plan at the ISP doesn’t allow SSH

Then the config.php change was not saved, or someone else started the update?!

• it was saved!
• No, no one is doing anything now

Well this is only shown when maintenance is true.
Maybe it’s cached? Disable memcache etc for the moment

Sorry, I have no idea how to do that.

I now have to revert back to the latest backup (I simply don’t have the time to poke around, especially with me being a numb) and try to avoid updating NC. I thought the … old oc-days were over where the best advice was: “Don’t update!” :o((

occ upgrade did it for me. But now I got: Einige Dateien haben die Integritätsprüfung nicht bestanden.
I thought before “better make a backup” but then I thought: “naah, the upgrade from 10 to 11 and from 11 to 12 was smooth, there shouldn’t be a problem”. Big mistake and I aged for years last night :fearful:

Well that is expected, since you changed the files following the steps above. Just ignore it until the next release :wink:

No change with version 12.0.2

Yeah, sorry about that 12.0.2 was a quick fix release only fixing one specific problem, you will have to modify it again and ignore the warning until 12.0.3

I tried to update to 12.0.2 and now I got the error:

“Delete old files
Could not rmdir /var/www/nextcloud/updater/…/apps/workflowengine”

soooo, what to do? I can’t do anything, I only get a blank page with “Update in Progress.”

push

guys, I need it running!

push

push

I had to restore a backup.

I would like to update it somewhen! how can I do this???

Push

Push#2

A patch will be in 12.0.3, either wait or apply it manually: https://github.com/nextcloud/server/pull/6148

So this Update will solve the problem with ““Delete old files - Could not rmdir /var/www/nextcloud/updater/…/apps/workflowengine”” during the update process?

It seems to fix the initial report. Not sure if your error is related. If you really need and want to upgrade, I would use the manual upgrade:

• delete everything except data/ and config/ folder
  • get new code from nextcloud.com/changelog and place on your webserver
  • fix permissions
  • run sudo -u www-data php /path/to/nextcloud/occ upgrade on your terminal (www-data is your webserver user on debian/ubuntu and can be different in other distributions)